MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Ww1 E-tool/shovel/spade .

Article about: I would really like some details on this piece if any of you know something. the guy that gave it to me said it is linnemannn, i, not knowing so much about ww1 military objects, thought of a

?

Default Ww1 E-tool/shovel/spade .

I would really like some details on this piece if any of you know something. the guy that gave it to me said it is linnemannn, i, not knowing so much about ww1 military objects, thought of asking you for some info.
    so anything would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 E-tool/shovel/spade .   Ww1 E-tool/shovel/spade .  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww1 E-tool/shovel/spade .
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ww1 E-tool/shovel/spade .

Adept.....not IMO WW1 German, all Imperial models had six rivets connecting the blade to th shaft, not nine as yours shows. Their were three models used by the German army prior to and during WW1, models 1874, 1898/9 and the 1898/1909, all with six rivets, however post war upto 1938 the rivets were changed to nine weld points, in 1938 a new model was introduced, I have no information on that model, as Third Reich items are not my bag, perhaps another member can illuminate us. I would think it possible that a postwar manufacturer would possibly use rivets instead bolts...but i cannot be sure, hope thar helps.

?

at least i know it is not german, so the guy lied. is it at least ww1 ?

I think this is from Romania and ww1.

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I think this is from Romania and ww1.
    do you have any details on that? why or how do you know ? how can i be sure ? what details give it away ?

Quote by Adept View Post
    do you have any details on that? why or how do you know ? how can i be sure ? what details give it away ?
    Someone tryed to sell one of those a few months ago for a very low price,but I was not sure of it ,so I ask a friend and he told me this was from Romania and people were selling them has German but they were not German shovel have 6 rivets not 9 also are a little longer.and the ring is not correct.I hope this help this is all I know.

?

ok thank you for this info. if it helps, this shovel is aprox 204mm/204mm so it is kind of a square.

does anyone else like to share their opinion ?
    Last edited by Adept; 06-25-2010 at 06:26 PM.