MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Erkennungsmarke - Bayerische Leib Regiment

Article about: Bought this WW1 dog-tag and pouch on Monday at a house clearance, along with a WW2 Flak dog-tag and Flak photo album. I don't know too much about about the abbreviations used on WW1 dog-tags

?

Default Erkennungsmarke - Bayerische Infantrie Leib Regiment

Bought this WW1 dog-tag and pouch on Monday at a house clearance, along with a WW2 Flak dog-tag and Flak photo album. I don't know too much about about the abbreviations used on WW1 dog-tags, the thing that electrified me was reading - bay.J. Leib R. I read the dog tag as Bayerische Infantrie Leib Regiment -1 Kompanie, I did google the regiment - it came up Kgl. Bayerische Infantrie Leib Regiment my question - first is my interpretation correct ? second they haven't used the Kgl. prefix in the dog-tag does anyone know why? on google - Kgl. came up in faint style type the rest - bay.J. Leib R. in bold type, what that signifies I'm not sure, does anyone know? I've never seen another bay. J. Leib R. dog-tag. Any help welcome.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Erkennungsmarke - Bayerische Leib Regiment   WW1 Erkennungsmarke - Bayerische Leib Regiment  

Last edited by AlecH; 08-10-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Wow, ver ynice.
    Do you still have it?
    This thread deserves a resurrection.

Best.
    Waldo.

?

That's a very nice set. I think you haven't gotten many responses because no one really knows why the "K.B." or "Kgl."was not used. The form of these Erkennungsmarken was pretty standardized as to what information was on them, but how it was entered was up to the individual making the markings. It's very difficult to find two done exact the same way.

?

Yes, I still have it, may try my luck posting it on WAF - Thanks for the posts.