Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Framed Honour Cross with Death Card and Photos

Article about: New purchase of a nice set (in my opinion anyway). Framed memorial to Jgnatz Furlauf. Killed in Action 1917. Includes his death card, photos plus a picture of the memorial where his name is

Default WW1 Framed Honour Cross with Death Card and Photos

New purchase of a nice set (in my opinion anyway).

Framed memorial to Jgnatz Furlauf. Killed in Action 1917. Includes his death card, photos plus a picture of the memorial where his name is included.

A private in the 1st Batt. 30th Infantry Regiment. Killed in May 1917 in the Champagne region, France. 27 years old.

Honour Cross with swords. Stamped 'GG' for Gebruder Gloerfeld Ludenscheid. Comes with bar inscribed 'Eintracht'.

I prefer collecting medals with photos, certificates etc. as it adds something very personal to the item. Thought this one was particularly good in that respect.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Framed Honour Cross with Death Card and Photos  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Framed Honour Cross with Death Card and Photos
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW1 Framed Honour Cross with Death Card and Photos

Noticed the photo of the individual on there has something hand-written on the back. Very difficult to make out but will try and scan it in at some point - hopefully someone can translate it.