Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww1 german ammo pouch named!!!!!

Article about: Hello, I bought this the other day from a WW1 veteran and Im not really sure what it is, all I know is it is probably from WW1 and its holds ammo. Any information will be helpful also a valu

Default Ww1 german ammo pouch named!!!!!

Hello, I bought this the other day from a WW1 veteran and Im not really sure what it is, all I know is it is probably from WW1 and its holds ammo. Any information will be helpful also a value would be nice too. Thanks! - Nick K

Ww1 german ammo pouch named!!!!!Ww1 german ammo pouch named!!!!!Ww1 german ammo pouch named!!!!!Ww1 german ammo pouch named!!!!!Ww1 german ammo pouch named!!!!!

Default Re: Ww1 german ammo pouch named!!!!!

This is an ammo pouch for the Mauser 88...After a google search I was able to find one in the same condition, with name-tag as well (!) being offered online for $55...
    cheers, Glenn

It is infact a Model 1874/87 ammo pouch, for holding cartridges for the Mauser G71 and later the G88, the owners name tag is for a "Musketier" (rifleman) of the 7th Company of the "Metzer Infanterie-Regt. Nr.98" garrisoned at Metz, which was part of XVI Armee Korps. A nice pouch that is slowly becoming a rare piece. At the begining of WW1 some troops, especially "Landwehr" units were still using these older style pouches.
    Prost ! Steve.

Well thats very interesting thank you for the information, its a very nice piece but I dont collect WW1 items so I think im going to sell this if anyones interested please PM me. - Nick k

?

Wow, that's really neat how it came from a WWI veteran.

Actually I put a typo there it is from a WW2 veteran. - Nick K

?

YEa didnt think that it would have been from a ww1 vet as the last recognised ww1 vet passed away in my very own home town just last year i think

Sorry about the typo LOL. - Nick K