Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 German Feldmutze

Article about: Hiya guys, Just finished up with the swap meet over here in Perth and came away with 1 item for my collection. I picked up this WW1 Feldmutze cap. Best time to do deals is before it starts a

Default WW1 German Feldmutze

Hiya guys,

Just finished up with the swap meet over here in Perth and came away with 1 item for my collection. I picked up this WW1 Feldmutze cap. Best time to do deals is before it starts and this is where I found it, just put on the table on top of a pile of items. I swooped in a grabbed it as I was happy with the look and took the punt. What do you guys think? Looks like it has a couple of moth nips that have been repaired but I dont know when. Later on in the day one of the other dealers came over and said that she had sold it to the guy I bought it from that morning and it was a Vet bring back and gave me a guys name.

Anyways here are the pics, sorry for the bad quality, poor light this time of day here

Cheers
    Jason
    WW1 German FeldmutzeWW1 German FeldmutzeWW1 German FeldmutzeWW1 German FeldmutzeWW1 German FeldmutzeWW1 German FeldmutzeWW1 German FeldmutzeWW1 German Feldmutze

Default Re: WW1 German Feldmutze

I still reckon its a beauty mate!

I agree!
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks guys! Looks great with the rest of my WW1 German items

Nice cap Jase, I didn't know you collected WW1 items too?? - I only saw WW2 stuff in your "my Collection" thread.
    Wanna do a thread on the first war stuff as well?

Cheers, Dan

Yes Dan I do actually have a little WW1 collection. I will have to take some pics for you mate.

Jason

?

Jason,

It's a nice cap with Saxon army corps markings. Originally, it would have had a Saxon green and white cockade where the black and white Prussian one is now. Looking at the thread that attaches the Prussian cockade, it was replaced at some point, either during the period or by whomever did the other repairs. Here is what it should look like.

CCMJR

WW1 German Feldmutze
    Last edited by CCMJR; 06-23-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Thanks chip,

Would never have known that, many thanks. The cockade looks to have been there awhile when having a quick peak behind it so I would like to think a period repair.

Jason