WW1 German Fighting Knife

Article about: Obviously not in the best condition but can anyone provide a bit of info on this knife, I'm guessing German but which period ? and is the scabbard correct ? Thank in advance.

Default WW1 German Fighting Knife

Obviously not in the best condition but can anyone provide a bit of info on this knife, I'm guessing German but which period ? and is the scabbard correct ? The knife is a good fit in the scabbard.

Thank in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040959.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	206.8 KB 
ID:	981876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040958.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	981875  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040957.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	204.9 KB 
ID:	981874   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040956.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	981873  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040961.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	981878   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040960.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	210.1 KB 
ID:	981877  

Nice Original for sure...these are always desirable and I see them sell at around $200 depending on condition...I believe the same Pattern was used in both WWI and WWII btw...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn, it had a good 'feel' about it, a close look at the top of the grip in pic 2 shows evidence of a disc of some kind having been screwed to the wood, all interesting stuff, any thoughts on the scabbard ? it looks like some form of belt hanger was there at some time, appreciate you taking the time to look and reply.

Phil

Some of them had a sort of clip for the boot, others have the standard leather belt-loop attachment...you'd have to compare to other original scabbards to be sure which type this one was...I don't collect them, but I see them regularly...The blade-markings are obscured by rust, but they are there and you may be able to decipher them...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks again. I've seen the clip type for a boot knife, I think this is a belt hanger.

Cheers mate.

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    Thanks again. I've seen the clip type for a boot knife, I think this is a belt hanger.

Cheers mate.
    This example had a strap/loop to be hung from a belt. Typically, loop=WW I and clip=WW II.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Moved your thread here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ralph, good tip to remember.

Thanks Ade.