Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 German Fighting Knife

Article about: Obviously not in the best condition but can anyone provide a bit of info on this knife, I'm guessing German but which period ? and is the scabbard correct ? Thank in advance.

Default WW1 German Fighting Knife

Obviously not in the best condition but can anyone provide a bit of info on this knife, I'm guessing German but which period ? and is the scabbard correct ? The knife is a good fit in the scabbard.

Thank in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 German Fighting Knife   WW1 German Fighting Knife  

WW1 German Fighting Knife   WW1 German Fighting Knife  

WW1 German Fighting Knife   WW1 German Fighting Knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 German Fighting Knife
    P
    Many

Nice Original for sure...these are always desirable and I see them sell at around $200 depending on condition...I believe the same Pattern was used in both WWI and WWII btw...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn, it had a good 'feel' about it, a close look at the top of the grip in pic 2 shows evidence of a disc of some kind having been screwed to the wood, all interesting stuff, any thoughts on the scabbard ? it looks like some form of belt hanger was there at some time, appreciate you taking the time to look and reply.

Phil

Some of them had a sort of clip for the boot, others have the standard leather belt-loop attachment...you'd have to compare to other original scabbards to be sure which type this one was...I don't collect them, but I see them regularly...The blade-markings are obscured by rust, but they are there and you may be able to decipher them...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks again. I've seen the clip type for a boot knife, I think this is a belt hanger.

Cheers mate.

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    Thanks again. I've seen the clip type for a boot knife, I think this is a belt hanger.

Cheers mate.
    This example had a strap/loop to be hung from a belt. Typically, loop=WW I and clip=WW II.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Moved your thread here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ralph, good tip to remember.

Thanks Ade.