Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 German Imperial U-Boat Badges in Sterling Silver

Article about: Hello All, Here are wonderful examples of private-purchase officer's sterling silver u-boat badges. Finer examples simply do not exist. Note the maker's mark and silver content in parts-per-

Luther
    ?

Default WW1 German Imperial U-Boat Badges in Sterling Silver

Hello All,

Here are wonderful examples of private-purchase officer's sterling silver u-boat badges.

Finer examples simply do not exist.

Note the maker's mark and silver content in parts-per-thousand on the round-wreath version. The elongated oval version is only hallmarked .800, but it's quality is unmistakable - no confusing it as a fake!

Study the fine details, pin types and fit & finish.
    Attached Images Attached Images WW1 German Imperial U-Boat Badges in Sterling Silver  WW1 German Imperial U-Boat Badges in Sterling Silver  WW1 German Imperial U-Boat Badges in Sterling Silver  WW1 German Imperial U-Boat Badges in Sterling Silver  WW1 German Imperial U-Boat Badges in Sterling Silver 

Default Re: WW1 German Imperial U-Boat Badges in Sterling Silver

Hello there
    is it not the badge from:.ww1medals.net
    it is beautyfull, a wonderfull badge, like it very much.
    grats mate

Luther
    ?

Yes...

I wonder if that guy is OK. I've tried to contact him several times, but no answer. He states he has the Big C.

I know he's trying to sell his collection complete - which is going o be six figures. I referred several high-end dealers to the site/to him.

Anyone hear from him recently??

In any case, he's the only one with good photos of the sterling U-Boat badges that I could find.

If it is the site I am thinking of, yes the guy was really illl and yes he has now sold up.

I cannot comment on the badge as it is completely outside of my collecting experience.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi all,
    I'm still here. Sorry but I have not heard from anyone about my collection. I just joined your forum and am looking forward to your interesting postings.
    thanks, Bosungus
    ww1Metals.net

Luther
    ?

Hello,

I can state without hesitation that you have one truly extraordinary collection.

A while back I sent an e-mail to you to ask if I could borrow some of your photos and post them here. Very few people get to see what you have been able to collect.

I admire your taste.

Best Regards

Thank you Luther,
    I apologize if I did not respond to your e-mail and of course you would have permission to use and study them. I also appreciate your comments on my collection. I have spent many years collecting them and attribute my interest in collecting as a way of honoring my grand father's service in WW1 LT-USN, Bos'n Ture Alfvegren's service to the Crown as a WW1 merchant marine and my fathers service in North Africa and Sicily during WW2,LTC
    Thanks again for your warm welcome to the forum.