Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 German tunic

Article about: I picked up this interesting WW1 German tunic yesterday at the Liverpool arms fair. It is fair to say that it is probably the only way I could ever afford a WW1 tunic, because this one is a

Default WW1 German tunic

I picked up this interesting WW1 German tunic yesterday at the Liverpool arms fair. It is fair to say that it is probably the only way I could ever afford a WW1 tunic, because this one is a very well-made copy. It isn't one of your run off the mill repro's which are sold to re-enactors though. This one is high quality and extremely well-made. There is some age to it as well. It shows area's of fading where the shoulder boards have been. Other protected area's are also much darker in colour. The material is quite heavy, and the finish cannot be faulted. I suspect this may have been made for a museum display rather than a re-enactor. But it will be ideal to display alongside associated WW1 equipment.

WW1 German tunicWW1 German tunicWW1 German tunic

Like you said mate it looks like a quality item!...

?

Any markings on the lining? Even if not, I would love to see some shots of the inside, as you said, it is a nice repop.

Nice quality one is it the m10 or 14 I get them mixed up I know they both had buttons down front as opposed to m15 bluse style nice! timothy

A few more pictures of the tunic. I don't know much about tunics, but I think this may be the (modified) model 1910. I was told that the rough-cut to the material edging is dead right for a tunic of this type. There appears to have been an insignia on the left side of the collar, but I've no idea what it may have been. Has anyone any suggestions for what would be correct to put on a Pioneers tunic?

All the lining is in cotton, and all the pockets that you would expect to find on an original are present. There are no stamps on the lining. This is so good that I think in the wrong hands it could possibly be aged further and passed off as original. When I saw it being displayed by Andy Taylor at the fair it was on a mannequin with (genuine) feldmutze and leather belt. The colour of the feldmutze was an exact match to the tunic. I asked Andy how much the tunic was, and thinking that it was genuine - I was taken aback when he said it was £100. He told me it came from an American friend whom he was selling it for.
    WW1 German tunicWW1 German tunicWW1 German tunicWW1 German tunic

?

Thanks, excellent photos. I had thought it might be an early Great War Militaria tunic but it doesn't have their coded markings, they mark them carefully so they can not be passed off as original. Very nice.

?

Hey Harry, Great tunic! I would love one of them to display, I really wanted to get down to the Liverpool arms fair this month but had prior engagements unfortunately. Am I right in assuming the fair you picked this tunic up from is the Whiston hotel fair? I used to go to all three each year but have not been for a few years now as the attendances of dealers dropped quite a bit and some would pack up to leave really early sometimes before I got to get round everywhere from what I remember, But yeah want to get down to one again hopefully sooner rather than later. Again cracking tunic! Cheers! Sean.

it certainly was the Whiston Hotel. Sometimes you go and there are not many dealers there. But other times it is packed out. Still bargains to be had and junk for the unwary. I only ever go in the morning, so I'm not even sure what time they pack up!

Cheers,
    Steve.

Nice tunic.
    It's for technical troops if I'm not mistaken.
    You could add a nice pair of pioneer boards to it.
    Indeed a nice display item.
    N

A pity it is only a reproduction though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast