Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Imperial German patriotic cigarette case with EKI motif

Article about: Hi Guys, while I am not a WW1 collector per se, I could not resist buying this cigarette case as I liked the EKI on it so much. Even though it is small the EKI is nicely detailed. The cigare

Default WW1 Imperial German patriotic cigarette case with EKI motif

Hi Guys, while I am not a WW1 collector per se, I could not resist buying this cigarette case as I liked the EKI on it so much. Even though it is small the EKI is nicely detailed.

The cigarettes are held in place via small steel springs.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Imperial German patriotic cigarette case with EKI motif   WW1 Imperial German patriotic cigarette case with EKI motif  

WW1 Imperial German patriotic cigarette case with EKI motif  

?

Default Re: WW1 Imperial German patriotic cigarette case with EKI motif

Great looking piece for display Ade , in super condition

cheers Al

Nice piece Adrian....it would appear that commercially produced patriotic items like this were not restricted to the home front, and were available to troops at the front from a mobile canteen, which the soldiers would flock to after recieving their pay !.....and it appears spend most of it !, as well as purchasing writing paper/envelopes etc.

?

I have a weak spot for cigarette cases Ade. That is a real beauty.

?

steveR I just posted nice cigarette case
    please evaluate it

?

under ss cigarette case
    cheers

?

Quote by sutka View Post
    steveR I just posted nice cigarette case
    please evaluate it
    sutka, You will not get a reply from SteveR. He was banned a while back and is no longer on this site.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Default My WW1 Cigar Case is not so pristine.

I have a cigar case which is more bashed about and bears inscriptions on the inside.

I believe mine is more oblong with thinner hinges and is curved to fit snugly against the body.

The translation is: Russia. Springtime 1917. Always thinking of you. Hope it tastes good.

(Presumably the cigars/cigarettes) and signed by a Carl Bauer.

Mart.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Imperial German patriotic cigarette case with EKI motif   WW1 Imperial German patriotic cigarette case with EKI motif  

WW1 Imperial German patriotic cigarette case with EKI motif   WW1 Imperial German patriotic cigarette case with EKI motif  

WW1 Imperial German patriotic cigarette case with EKI motif   WW1 Imperial German patriotic cigarette case with EKI motif  

I like the inscription.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

Both are cool items!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)