Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Imperial Medal Grouping

Article about: Hi everyone, First time posting in the WW1 section. Finally got this grouping in and its got my WW1 spark going! Picked up an M17 mask recently in the can and looking for a nice lid. Anyways

Default WW1 Imperial Medal Grouping

Hi everyone,

First time posting in the WW1 section. Finally got this grouping in and its got my WW1 spark going! Picked up an M17 mask recently in the can and looking for a nice lid. Anyways back to the grouping

They all belonged to a Georg Pletz, served with Königl. Bayrisches Reserve-Infantrie-Regiment 19 - 4. Kompanie During WW1. What I have here is :

Ek2 MM "KO" with certificate
    Hindenberg cross MM N&H with certificate
    Bavarian Merit cross with certificate
    Black wound badge with certificate

Also have a Wedding Certificate and a Certificate of honor of the Bavarian soldiers and veterans association from 1958.

The pack also came with a photo of the soilder from a pass book with his name on the back. What do you think, I think I got it all for a decent price.

Pics are from the seller as I cant be bothered to get the camera out yet

WW1 Imperial Medal GroupingWW1 Imperial Medal GroupingWW1 Imperial Medal GroupingWW1 Imperial Medal GroupingWW1 Imperial Medal GroupingWW1 Imperial Medal GroupingWW1 Imperial Medal GroupingWW1 Imperial Medal GroupingWW1 Imperial Medal Grouping

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Imperial Medal Grouping
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW1 Imperial Medal Grouping

Volksjager, first, welcome to the Imperial section ! glad to see a convert ! please post your future WW1 finds here on this sub forum, secondly, that is an excellent grouping you have to one man, wonderful ! heres some info on the mans Regiment...." Kgl. Bayer. 19. Infanterie-Regt. König Viktor Emanuel III. von Italien " to give its full title, garrisoned at Erlangen, part of the III Bayern Armee Korps. They wore light blue tunics with a Brandenburg cuff with a vertical panel piped in Yellow, buttons were Gilt, and shoulder straps were Red with Yellow 19. They wore a gilt Bayern Wappen on their Pickelhaubes. They also wore the field grey tunic with the Brandenburg cuff as shown in your photograph of the soldier. When you say a decent price, can you divulge ?
    Prost ! Steve.

Very nice grouping, to have the documents and a photo of the recipient is a real bonus. Nice to know he was still going in 1958 and had led a fulller life than many.

Thanks for the comments and info, much appriciated.

As for price, I got the lot posted for just under $270US, which with some research before I bought seemed to be quite a reasonable price.

?

Damn. That is a sieal on the price.
    Great grouping
    SteveR