Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Medal Bar and Photo for review

Article about: Hi gang, I got this WW1 veterans medal bar, I want to make sure the medals match the ribbons if anyone can help with that and identifying them, I also picked up this really cool original WW1

Default WW1 Medal Bar and Photo for review

Hi gang, I got this WW1 veterans medal bar, I want to make sure the medals match the ribbons if anyone can help with that and identifying them, I also picked up this really cool original WW1 soldier photo, it is a B&W photo that has been hand painted with alot of detail, I believe the writing on the back includes a date of 2-20-11, I got this because the visor in the photo matches with the one I own, so it will make a nice display when its all grouped together, the matting around the photo shows infantry men training with bayonets and shooting also, there are a few Pickelhaubes present also, if you can give any information about the photo or medals please feel free to comment, hope you enjoy this post and pics.
    as always thanks for any help!
    WW1 Medal Bar and Photo for reviewWW1 Medal Bar and Photo for reviewWW1 Medal Bar and Photo for reviewWW1 Medal Bar and Photo for reviewWW1 Medal Bar and Photo for reviewWW1 Medal Bar and Photo for reviewWW1 Medal Bar and Photo for reviewWW1 Medal Bar and Photo for reviewWW1 Medal Bar and Photo for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Medal Bar and Photo for review
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WW1 Medal Bar and Photo for review

Good award bar - typical set of frontline soldier from German Duchy of Württemberg. All medals are matching the ribbons.

The awards are Iron Cross II, Württemberg Bravery medal (which was W-g analogue to Prussian Iron Cross), Hindenburg cross with swords (1WW veteran award) and Württemberg medal for 9-years service.

Default Re: WW1 Medal Bar and Photo for review

Cool thanks for that info, I got it to go with my wurrtemberg infantry cap in a display that im putting together. Glad the medals match. Thanks again for the reply