Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Treasure Trove....

Article about: Since I posted my friend Steve's foot locker find, I thought you all might like to see what I found in my own back yard. You would have to see my store... more of a museum than anything else

Default WW1 Treasure Trove....

Since I posted my friend Steve's foot locker find, I thought you all might like to see what I found in my own back yard.

You would have to see my store... more of a museum than anything else:
    (that's me covered in blood a few rows down; we had an attempted robbery some time back... it's all better now)

https://www.google.com/search?q=wilk...w=1384&bih=674

So my Mother tells me while I was absent one Saturday about two years ago... " a woman came by today, saw all the military stuff in here and said she had some from her father who was in WW1". Huh?? WW1? did you get her phone number (my Mother is notorious for NOT getting any info when it's most crucial...) "oh yes" she replied, "I did!" upon which she handed me a # scribbled on a piece of note paper. So I'm thinking this woman must already have a foot in the grave but, not so. In fact she's the same age of my own mom: 77. Come to find out, her dad was a late bloomer. Indeed, he married the switchboard operator in the dept. store for which he worked. He mustered in late in the game and married even later; thus a daughter still surviving quite well thank you! She just wanted the "stuff" to go to someone who would appreciate it. And, I fit the bill. This man served in some of the bloodiest engagements of WW1. And he marked on a map, where each one took place where he was involved. One was with the Ulan Regiment at the Meuse Argonne offensive... I guess that's where he got the Luger. His daughter said that he took the little Mauser manufactured "floubert" pistol from the palm of a German POW. I'm sure he was just thinking of some plinking while'st passing time in camp. :-) The luger is regimentally marked on the front strap. This was a great find and goes to show that there are still things to be discovered out there!

regards, mitch

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190898...85554079/show/

And a pic of a WW1 parent's child ..... still with us thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images WW1 Treasure Trove.... 

Great stuff, I like the stick grenade you dont see many of the WW1 versions around, thanks for sharing!!

maximus... and a dud no less!

A pic of me own mother.... she's getting better about the phone #s.WW1 Treasure Trove....

Nice items Mitch - that Luger is awesome - Congrats !
    Thanks for posting the pics.

( Good to know those little B******* are going
    to do a lot of time.........! )
    Regards,

Steve.

I'm in sugar land, will have to visit your store. Great find btw.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 04-22-2014 at 11:04 PM.

?

Great stuff buddy.
    I love your drop forge that is neat. I always wanted one but never did enough steel work to buy one. As you well know they cost an arm and a leg.
    How did you get smacked in the head ? A robbery ? I hope you gutted the sonofabitch. It smells like hell but it sure is satisfying.

PS
    I hope you wear some kind of sound suppressors when you are pounding the steel.

nice find.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Great stuff buddy.
    I love your drop forge that is neat. I always wanted one but never did enough steel work to buy one. As you well know they cost an arm and a leg.
    How did you get smacked in the head ? A robbery ? I hope you gutted the sonofabitch. It smells like hell but it sure is satisfying.

PS
    I hope you wear some kind of sound suppressors when you are pounding the steel.
    There were three of them; all armed; they got nothing... I fought with the guy who stuck the pistol in my face and he finally dropped the gun and jumped back over the counter to make for his getaway, mom picked it up and tossed it to me, I shot at the three of them as they paused outside my front door as it looked like they might come back inside. So with all the gunfife, off went their getaway car, and left them on foot. We caught two; one got away. He hit me three times in the head with a S&W K38 snubbie. When he dropped the gun, it was my little 77 year old mom who tossed it to me and I emptied it at them through the glass. We (cumulativly) fired off 6 rounds in the store and no one was killed.
    It was exciting... however I can't recommend it.

regards, m