Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, Cut-out design

Article about: Hallo alte Kameraden I am being offered this WW1 - Woundbadge, as an ORIGINAL , for 22 Euros which seams a good price. I like it quite a lot, but i am rather ignorant in german WW1 insignia.

Default WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, Cut-out design

Hallo alte Kameraden

I am being offered this WW1 - Woundbadge, as an ALL ORIGINAL , for 22 Euros which seems a rather good price.
    I like it quite a lot, but i am poor ignorant on german WW1 insignia. And some People would tell anything one wants to hear just to sell their stuff, so i´d rather go with the experts first... YOU guys !!!

Is this an original, or do i better leave it alone ???

Whats the story with thous cut outs VS the solid badges?

Hope someone can help me out, the purchase depends much on the outcome of your comments..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, Cut-out design   WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, Cut-out design  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, Cut-out design
    P
    Many

Looks ok to me.

These cut out badges were just an "optional extra" for private purchase.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

looks a very nice badge.

Great !!! with you guyses blessings i went for it.. 22 euros seems a good price and it will look really good in my collection.. Anything else i need / shuld know about it ?

?

22e is good price. congratulations!

Cutout badges were private purchase variations. Solid badges were standard issue and there were "deluxe" private purchase versions too. These "deluxe" are not wartime awarded ones, they where produced around 1930...

Badge is good, price is great...
    Here are mine...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, Cut-out design 

MAP
    ?

Here a few for comparison...

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...-black-534422/

With this one, I do have a few quick observations. Admit that I am not an expert and that they were private purchase post war items (thus multiple manufactures and variations) but this one looks like it never had any finish. The silver versions were much more burnished/polished. Also the dots at the top are different than versions I've seen. And finally the hinge on the back is much narrower than other examples. Overall it looks soft on detail but maybe it is just wear and tear. The back looks crisp.

Just observations. As noted I am no expert.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Here a few for comparison...

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...-black-534422/

With this one, I do have a few quick observations. Admit that I am not an expert and that they were private purchase post war items (thus multiple manufactures and variations) but this one looks like it never had any finish. The silver versions were much more burnished/polished. Also the dots at the top are different than versions I've seen. And finally the hinge on the back is much narrower than other examples. Overall it looks soft on detail but maybe it is just wear and tear. The back looks crisp.

Just observations. As noted I am no expert.

Regards,

Michael
    I'm not an expert either. But i have seen one gold version where was same "dots" on top. But this one really looks it never had finish... helmet looks like it is "sanded". But still it looks good to me. I could be very wrong though.

I have never owned any cut outs, but maybe someday.

MAP
    ?

Quote by timpe View Post
    I'm not an expert either. But i have seen one gold version where was same "dots" on top. But this one really looks it never had finish... helmet looks like it is "sanded". But still it looks good to me. I could be very wrong though.

I have never owned any cut outs, but maybe someday.
    I was thinking more like brushed stainless steel, but "sanded" is a good description. I've done a bit more searching and have found others with the same "dot" pattern as well as many different types of hinge set ups. I have not however seen an example with the same pattern on the leaves (most have pebbling between the veins and some just have thin veins).

So to my original post, there were probably many makers with different variations and will defer to others, but I'm still somewhat concerned about the finish. Could it be an unfinished piece?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There were a multitude of makers for these private purchase awards, and variations are to be expected...I've taken a better look at this example, and am wondering if it isn't actually a Black Wound Badge that has been stripped and buffed, creating the worn, silvered effect...
    This would explain the low price...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast