Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Water bottle German?

Article about: Hello, just got this water bottle. It was cheap and looks old and I thought it might be WW1 and possibly German, though its different to any I have seen previously. Does anyone know what thi

Default WW1 Water bottle German?

Hello, just got this water bottle. It was cheap and looks old and I thought it might be WW1 and possibly German, though its different to any I have seen previously. Does anyone know what this is? When you look at a hidden area of the cloth it looks like it was originally a pale grey colour, though it now has a brownish hue. It is aluminium and has no markings visible. Many thanks, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Water bottle German?   WW1 Water bottle German?  

WW1 Water bottle German?   WW1 Water bottle German?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Water bottle German?
    P
    Many

?

It looks German in shape doesn't it but I wonder if it's from one of Germany's WWI allies. Bulgarian maybe?

Tony

Thanks for your input. Any further help would be really appreciated. Doug

?

Doug, I found this Bulgarian WWI Issue Water Bottle..... The pictures are small and the stopper is different (if the flip top is original to the bottle) but the colour is similar.

I tried finding pictures of German colonial troops but didn't turn up anything showing a water bottle.

Tony

I am very grateful for your help. Whilst there are some similarities with the one you show, its not enough for me to feel its identified. The Bulgarian one shown is actually missing its cover and differs in all its details, including it shape, though of course that does not mean it could not be Bulgarian. My water bottle still looks closer to some of The German ones I have seen than to this one. Any further contributions would be very welcome.

I'm very keen to get an i.d. on this, can anyone else help? Many thanks.