Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WWI German Helmet -ID HELP

Article about: Hello ...so I was out to buy a World War Two HJ flag and I was offered this was well for a additional price. I was wondering , can anyone confirm for me what model helmet this was ? Annoyed

Default WWI German Helmet -ID HELP

Hello ...so I was out to buy a World War Two HJ flag and I was offered this was well for a additional price. I was wondering , can anyone confirm for me what model helmet this was ?

Also..it's a shame with the paint , but what would you say the value of these are? I have a WWI Helmet that is only slightly different. I am unsure of this one's rarity..

Thank you kindly !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI German Helmet -ID HELP   WWI German Helmet -ID HELP  

WWI German Helmet -ID HELP   WWI German Helmet -ID HELP  

WWI German Helmet -ID HELP  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI German Helmet -ID HELP
    P
    Many

Wouldn't say it's rare at all, and it IS a shame about
    the lack of paint. Not worth much in this condition,
    perhaps $80-$100, IMO.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

What you have is the first pattern general issue helmet usually referred to as the M'16 or M'17. The difference between the M'16 and the M'17 is the liners band, which your is missing, along with the pins that hold it in place. Given the lack of paint and missing parts the value on this is not all that great. It would make a good piece for a re-enactor, however, particularly as it is a larger size shell.