Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread

Article about: Hi guys, My latest trench knife :-) ERN mm and imperial stamped . The complete knife is in fair to good condition, with some rust pitting on the blade :-/ Unfortunately the tip is broken ! I

?

Very nice Lance!!. I love the period pic of it in wear.. I'm liking that little tease of the Kar98a also.

Semper Fi
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread
    P
    Many

Default An unmarked private purchase trench knife with a nine grooved handle.

Greetings all,

Here’s a private purchase and wholly unmarked knife, which itself, is a bigger brother to the similarly constructed variant as posted in this thread’s 137th post. This knife’s blade is 160mm in length and there are nine groves on the handle (unlike the aforementioned similar one with eleven grooves).

I know you are asking yourself, “Why are there period poison bottles in this knife’s picture?” Simply, because they have neat skull & crossbones’ on them!

Unfortunately, I possess no period picture of this knife in use.

Happy Collecting!

Regards,

Lance

Double click on image to enlarge.

CBH
    ?

Nice knife , but I Love the Poison Bottles !

Default Sturmesser infos

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread   That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread  

Quote by ArkanBuc View Post
    Hi guys, congratulations for the thread, very interesting and useful. I catch the occasion for ask about this one....legit or polish replica? Many thanks in advance.
    Greetings ArkanBuc,

Please, in the future, post questions like this in your own created thread. There is no need to do so here.

Very Respectfully,

Lance

Default Another reworked Resicka made Austrian Sturmmesser M1917.

Greetings and happy holidays to all,

I thought I would post next month’s knife today to give you a needed break from eating turkey, ham, or goose. This month, another “reworked” Austrian Sturmmesser M1917 with a 209mm long blade; made by Resicka (hence the “R”). What makes this otherwise common knife interesting are the decorative brass plates added to the wooden grips. Unlike the similarly “reworked” M1917 on post #15, (see here) https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...nife-370751-2/ the brass plates are not rectangular they have multiple curves worked into their design.

My first thought when viewing these types of plates’ additions to the handles was that it was for engraving names or other data (i.e. unit’s designation) as they do not assist in gripping. However, I now believe these types of additions were just a case of decorating/personalizing your knife to be a little different then your peers’ examples. And too, if someone “borrowed” your knife, you could easily tell it from the unadorned versions.

Well another year is just about over, this one has been an excellent year for collecting knives. I hope it has been for you as well. And too, I hope next year is a good for the both of us.

Have a Merry and a Happy!

Lance

Double click on images to enlarge.

Greetings,

There are a few posting picture's threads on the "Technical/Design - Questions, How-to, & Advice" thread. It is the very first thread when you view all the threads in the forum. I look forward to viewing your knives.

V/r Lance

Default A Christians marked, Private Purchase Leupold Variant German Trench Knife.

Greetings all,

Here’s a Christians manufacture’s marked (a three tined fork) Leupold variant with a blade of 149mm in length (without any fraktur marks). In this case, it came with a WWII scabbard with a spring clip for use in a boot or tucked elsewhere in one’s gear/clothing. Such large numbers of these styled knives were made, that many were available for purchase during the beginning of WWII and of course, many were simply handed down from one family member to another.
    Happy Collecting!

V/r Lance

P.S. I know this thread is all about the knives, but I could not help myself from including the pictured Krug's pre-WWI advertisement (c. 1890).

Double click images to enlarge.

Default A Hugo Koller Private Purchase German Trench Knife’s variant.

Greetings all,

This month, a Hugo Koller private purchase trench knife with the same blade’s (150mm in length) style as viewed in post #11, but a completely different styled cross guard and handle. I am always amazed at the variety of options and styles of knives available to soldiers of this period.

Happy Hunting!

V/r Lance

Double click on image to enlarge.

Default An Ed Wüsthof manufacture’s marked Leupold styled German Trench Knife.

Greetings all,

Here’s an Ed Wüsthof manufacture’s Dreizack "Trident" marked Leupold styled German Trench Knife with a 148mm long blade. This knife’s blade was likely 150mm in length when originally forged, however years of use/mumbly-peg have resulted in a shortened tip/point. The Wüsthof Company located in Solingen, was founded in 1814. The company is currently operated by its seventh generation of Wüsthof family’s members. Think of it, a family owned company over 200 years old and still going strong, that’s pretty darn neat.

The two wounded gentlemen are pictured in the trench art piece, which acts as a knife’s rest in the photograph (a big thanks to my good friend Martin who recently gifted me that fine trench art piece!).

Back in a month and as always, happy hunting!

V/r Lance

Double click images to enlarge.

That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife ThreadThat WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast