MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread

Article about: Hi guys, My latest trench knife :-) ERN mm and imperial stamped . The complete knife is in fair to good condition, with some rust pitting on the blade :-/ Unfortunately the tip is broken ! I

Default Large Stag Handled Private Purchase knife.

Greetings all,

Here’s a large Stag handled private purchase knife. The blade is a whopping 205mm in length and comes with a nice matching metal scabbard and leather frog. Reminiscent of the pre-war hunting knives, this version is a beefier wartime made variant and ruggedized for the rigors field use. Its attractive handle’s material and double edged blade makes it pleasing to the eye or intimidating as hell if you find yourself on its wrong end. Neither accompanying pictures’ knives are an exact match, but are reasonably close.

Regards,

Lance

P.S. Happy Easter!

Double click on the pictures to enlarge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread
    P
    Many

Quote by militariaone View Post
    Greetings all,

Here’s a large Stag handled private purchase knife. The blade is a whopping 205mm in length and comes with a nice matching metal scabbard and leather frog. Reminiscent of the pre-war hunting knives, this version is a beefier wartime made variant and ruggedized for the rigors field use. Its attractive handle’s material and double edged blade makes it pleasing to the eye or intimidating as hell if you find yourself on its wrong end. Neither accompanying pictures’ knives are an exact match, but are reasonably close.

Regards,

Lance

P.S. Happy Easter!

Great looking Knife!....

That is a nice knife.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Default Hugo Köller Stiletto

Greetings all,

Some pretty standard fare this week, a Hugo Köller marked stiletto with a blade’s length of 137mm. Comes with an interesting brown leather cover that covers the standard metal sheath, it's the only scabbard I have seen with that treatment. The picture of a soldier armed with a similar knife comes from Christian Méry, German Combat Knives: 1914-1945. Paris: Histoire & Collections, 2011.

Regards,

Lance

That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife ThreadThat WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread

Default Small Stag Handled Private Purchase knife.

Greetings all,

Another one of the many variants of stag handled private purchase hunting knives turned into a wartime “trench knife” with a 150mm long blade. Unfortunately, the blade is unmarked... so a manufacturer can not be determined with any degree of certainty. The knife is not built for heavy work, but would do fine slicing sausages during a meal "in the trenches" and of course it would add that additional dash of panache to an otherwise drab uniform.

Regards,

Lance

Double click on pictures to enlarge.

That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife ThreadThat WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread

Default DEMAG Fighting Knife Variant.

Greetings all,

This week another DEMAG made variant, which utilizes the EB1’s (Crank handle bayonet’s) crossguard with a 150mm long blade. Yes, that’s Kronprinz Wilhelm von Preußen second in from left, chumming it up during a visit with some of his soldiers.

Regards,

Lance

Double click on pictures to enlarge.

Default Another Backhaus variant.

Greetings all,

Not much extra to add in reference to this 150mm long bladed private purchase knife. It’s just another variant (company’s logo marking-wise) of this very popular early-war knife.

A big thank you, to the mods for rescuing this Imperial forum… I was worried, but you gents resuscitated it from the great cyber beyond. Now just need to save the “like” button, I suppose when it rains it pours.

Regards,

Lance

Double click to enlarge pictures.

That's a nice looking knife :-) I just bought my second DEMAG and another trench knife, I am getting one of these days :-) Would it be best to post it here or on a separate tread ?? I did not know this imperial forum was in danger :-0 it's a bit quiet once in a while, but I wouldn't live without it ! Let's all try to be a little more active in here ??!! Mfg Marc
    Last edited by unimarc; 05-20-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Greetings Marc,

Please, feel free to post any WWI German, or Austro-Hungarian knives (OK, any Central Powers' knives are fine... I don't want to be a hypocrite) you wish here! I'd for one would love to see 'em.

Cheers,

Lance

Will do

MFG
    Marc

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast