Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI medal bar

Article about: Hello, I've bought this medal bar at the flea market, and so I have several questions. For which medal is the yellow-silver ribbon? Which medal can I add on the far right? How can I restore

Default WWI medal bar

Hello,

I've bought this medal bar at the flea market, and so I have several questions.
    For which medal is the yellow-silver ribbon?
    Which medal can I add on the far right?
    How can I restore an complete the bar easily?

I'm only a WW2 collector, so Im' a WWI newbee.

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI medal bar   WWI medal bar  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI medal bar
    P
    Many

?

Hello,

the ribbon in the middle belongs to the Friedrich August Medal (Friedrich-August-Medaille) of the Kingdom of Saxony. There were bronze and silver grade. If I am not mistaken, they both used the same ribbon. The bronze FAM was awarded to soldiers of low military ranks while the silver FAM was intended for sergeants and officers. Both medals should be quite easy to find and for an affordable price too, especially when purchased without ribbon.

As for the completely missing medal on the far right: there are many possible choices. One of the most common would be the Honor Cross of the World War 1914-1918 for Combatants ( Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer). Such a combination is often to be encountered by medal bars of WWI veterans from the 1930s.

Regards, Pavel

Many thanks for your help! I looked for the matching medal since I have this bar, but I wasn't able to find it. How can I find the matching ribbon form for the bar? There are quite many types of ribbon shapes, so it's hard to find the right one.

Regards

Is your Google broken ? "Friedrich August Medal"
    They are all over the internet.

Pavel is correct - the missing ribbon would likely
    have been an Ehrenkreuz, which are Extremely
    common. As for the 'shape', you are going to
    have to form it yourself - or find someone
    who knows how to sew.........
    Regards,

Steve.

You missunderstood me. My english was at it's end, so it's a bit difficult to say what I mean. I'm sorry about that, but I have to write it in my language, german. I hope somebody can help me.

Ich weiß nicht wie ich die passende Bandform finden soll, bei der Masse an verschiedenen Formen und Schnitten für große Ordensspangen. Ein Einzelband zu finden und die Medaille selbst ist einfach, doch wo bekomme ich ein vernähtes Band in der passenden Größe/Form für die Bandspange her?

No problem at all. I suppose it appeared that you
    were not interested in doing a search for either
    the medal or ribbon.

As I say, you'll have to sew one yourself - they
    do not come 'pre-assembled' in the
    bow shape.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Landser,

I sent you a Private Message in German. Perhaps it helps you a bit with your medal bar.

Regards, Pavel