Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI Pickelhaube Need Help!

Article about: Hello, I have no say in the matter of WWI helmets, so some help would be appreciated. Such as what type of helmet this is, if its authentic, and its value. Any help I would appreciate whethe

Default WWI Pickelhaube Need Help!

Hello,

I have no say in the matter of WWI helmets, so some help would be appreciated.
    Such as what type of helmet this is, if its authentic, and its value. Any help I would
    appreciate whether positive or negative. Sorry for the bad pics, cheers!

-Timothy

WWI Pickelhaube Need Help!WWI Pickelhaube Need Help!WWI Pickelhaube Need Help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI Pickelhaube Need Help!
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWI Pickelhaube Need Help!

Its an authentic German Pickelhaube, but it is very beaten up. It is missing the chinstrap and the side cockades.
    If i was looking at this i would pass and wait for a better one, the way it stands i would not pay very much for this.
    Morris

Considering the extremely poor condition of some helmets I've seen,
    this one does not look all that bad in comparison. Original parts can
    be found to bring it back to it's original state, but as is, not worth
    as much as a complete helm, and would interest me only if
    the price was reasonabe.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Considering the extremely poor condition of some helmets I've seen,
    this one does not look all that bad in comparison. Original parts can
    be found to bring it back to it's original state, but as is, not worth
    as much as a complete helm, and would interest me only if
    the price was reasonabe.........
    Thank you for your response. What would be a fair price for this helmet in your opinion?

-Timothy

The Pickel doesn't belong to this helmet.

As said - the spike does not match. Type and condition will make
    a huge difference in the price.

The Collector's Guild

The Collector's Guild

The above dealer has to see a profit on his wares and will price
    them accordingly - some items may also be consignments.
    I'd expect to pay a lot less than the above examples.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

As stated above spike should be silver coloured too, because of its silver colour it would be a volunteer officer would prop. signed for 3 years.

prices have dropped up to 40% in Holland since 2008.
    A darn good one in silver with complete owner tag and regiment can be optained so now and then for about 700-900 euro,s
    There have been times that 2000 was more close to find a volunteer pickelhaube in a good to excellent condition.

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    As stated above spike should be silver coloured too, because of its silver colour it would be a volunteer officer would prop. signed for 3 years. prices have dropped up to 40% in Holland since 2008.A darn good one in silver with complete owner tag and regiment can be optained so now and then for about 700-900 euro,s. There have been times that 2000 was more close to find a volunteer pickelhaube in a good to excellent condition.Ger
    Sorry to disappoint, but it is no Volunteers helmet ! it is a common or garden M15 (Model 1915) Pickelhaube, these helmets had a chemically phosphated grey finish... and originally they were fitted with a twist off spike, so that its appearance in the trenches was somewhat subdued.........it is clearly missing its twist off spike and in its place a brass one has been forced onto spike base.....so long as the base has not been damaged, an original could be sourced and attached back to the helmet....it is in fair condition..these M15 Pickelhaubes helmet body and liners were manufactured of thinner leather , so many suffer from more degradation when compared to their M1895 brothers... it is worth around IMO £250 as it is at the moment.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Sorry to disappoint, but it is no Volunteers helmet ! it is a common or garden M15 (Model 1915) Pickelhaube, these helmets had a chemically phosphated grey finish... and originally they were fitted with a twist off spike, so that its appearance in the trenches was somewhat subdued.........it is clearly missing its twist off spike and in its place a brass one has been forced onto spike base.....so long as the base has not been damaged, an original could be sourced and attached back to the helmet....it is in fair condition..these M15 Pickelhaubes helmet body and liners were manufactured of thinner leather , so many suffer from more degradation when compared to their M1895 brothers... it is worth around IMO £250 as it is at the moment.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thx Steve,

i had trouble making out the right colour, looked silver to me
    Glad you corrected that!
    The common ones a of course a lot cheaper.

I will make it up by posting my brothers Volunteer one ( in Berlin silver) complete with regiment and owner tag
    Will ask him for the pics!
    Cheers Ger

?

Ok Steve the Pickelhaube is posted
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...-heine-262286/

i know its not a great photoshoot, he made them with a cellphone, in the eveing under bulblight.
    But one of these days i will make a good photosession of the helmet.

Cheers Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast