Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A wwi pickelhaube plate

Article about: Hi Guys Below is 3 items which came in last night at the small swap meet that I go to these are part of a larger lot all the other bits are OK just would like to know if these are OK be fore

?

Default A wwi pickelhaube plate and 2 other items

Hi Guys
    Below is 3 items which came in last night at the small swap meet that I go to these are part of a larger lot all the other bits are OK just would like to know if these are OK be fore I put them up for sale thanks in advance Steve

The 1st is a composite pickelhaube plate
    The 2nd set of pics is a machine gun badge
    The 3rd Item is a marksman's badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A wwi pickelhaube plate   A wwi pickelhaube plate  

A wwi pickelhaube plate   A wwi pickelhaube plate  

Last edited by ASR142; 10-05-2017 at 11:07 AM. Reason: correct the title

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A wwi pickelhaube plate
    P
    Many

?

The machine gunners arm badge
    this has 2 small holes in the felt and backing plate which go through the felt 3 rd pic in front of a lamp to show this its a C E JUNKER marked back plate with flat pins ( I be leave this to be OK but am happy if wrong )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A wwi pickelhaube plate   A wwi pickelhaube plate  

A wwi pickelhaube plate  

?

THE 3rd badge is a marksman's badge of some kind dated 1908 is this a part of a lanyard or a badge on its own?
    thanks in advance Steve

I wish I could be of some help but these are a bit out of my comfort zone.

IMO, the "composit" wappen. is a repair job. But hard to say when it was done.

The MG sleeve badges are a real mine field. Authentic ones are uncommon and
    fakes are everywhere. Unfortunately, I can not tell a good from a bad one.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Hi Greg
    Thank you for the input and the pm regards steve

?

The plate is a repair, It is the Line Eagle, being the most common plate. Infantry Regiments 13 through 33, 35 to 72, 75, 76, 79 through 86,1st Battalion 96, 97 through 99, 128 through 133, 135 through 138, 140, 141, 143, 144, 146 through 152, 154 through 163, 166, 167, 171 through 176. As well as many of the Artillery units. The MG badge; as Greg said " Authentic ones are uncommon and fakes are everywhere. Unfortunately, I can not tell a good from a bad one." They been faking these for at least 60 years. The marksman badge I believe should be on a lanyard.

The MG badge is marked to Juncker, and that is the most faked one out there. You need an expert in the badges. Try searching through the forums to see what has been said before.

The 1908 Ehrenzeichen Schiesspreis is from some level of military competition, I believe started in the late 1890's. Been a while since I read about them, but every so many years these were awarded or qualified and ended in 1913. Based on the crown it could be just for colonial or Naval troops. Not to be mistaken for the Schützenschnur.

I should also note that it appears poorly cast, so I do not trust it as authentic. These would have been minted better, especially pre-war.

MAP
    ?

Grausig is correct. Junckers are the most faked MG badge. I went through a crash course in learning these awards last month when I picked up a Falkenburg example. Typically the Falkenberg ' s are in excellent condition as they were liberated from the factory by the AEF that were stationed in Coblenz as part of the army of occupation. These are mostly found in the US for that reason. Junckers are typically tunic removed and in poor condition.

Tomorrow evening, I can try to look a bit more when I'm in front of my PC and see if I can compare it to known originals.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

I spent the better part of an hour going through a 50+ thread on these MGSSA sleeve shields. For the record, I do not claim to be an expert and any advice I give should be taken as such. But I have compared your Ärmelabzeichens für M.G.=Scharfschützentrupps to many many many other examples. It is heavily corroded which makes it difficult to be sure but I think this stands a good chance at being real.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I spent the better part of an hour going through a 50+ thread on these MGSSA sleeve shields. For the record, I do not claim to be an expert and any advice I give should be taken as such. But I have compared your Ärmelabzeichens für M.G.=Scharfschützentrupps to many many many other examples. It is heavily corroded which makes it difficult to be sure but I think this stands a good chance at being real.
    On the plus side there are cut-outs in the detail, but the corrosion, to me, would have done more to the cloth. The corrosion does not seem to relate well to the wool it touches.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast