Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Prussian Pickelhaube with COVER. Please Help is Cover Authentic???

Article about: I picked up this pickelhaube over the weekend. I do not have doubts about its authenticity. I would like any info you can about it, including regarding its markings. That being said I would

Default WWI Prussian Pickelhaube with COVER. Please Help is Cover Authentic???

I picked up this pickelhaube over the weekend.
    I do not have doubts about its authenticity.
    I would like any info you can about it, including regarding its markings.
    That being said I would really like to know whether the cover is authentic.
    It looks really old to me in person.
    The lighting in the photos makes it look newer than it is.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Prussian Pickelhaube with COVER.  Please Help is Cover Authentic???   WWI Prussian Pickelhaube with COVER.  Please Help is Cover Authentic???  

WWI Prussian Pickelhaube with COVER.  Please Help is Cover Authentic???   WWI Prussian Pickelhaube with COVER.  Please Help is Cover Authentic???  

WWI Prussian Pickelhaube with COVER.  Please Help is Cover Authentic???   WWI Prussian Pickelhaube with COVER.  Please Help is Cover Authentic???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI Prussian Pickelhaube with COVER.  Please Help is Cover Authentic???
    P
    Many

additional photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Prussian Pickelhaube with COVER.  Please Help is Cover Authentic???   WWI Prussian Pickelhaube with COVER.  Please Help is Cover Authentic???  

Last photos

?

Did you get this at Allentown? If so I looked at it there and sorry, but didn't like it. The Überzug (cover) - the material and construction didn't look right.I couldn't see the plate being that rusted and not effecting the cover. The Helmet - is marked for an Artillery unit and has a spike (should have a Kugel or ball). Markings I believe are for 1.Thüringisches Feld-Artillerie-Regt. Nr.19 (Erfurt) XI Army Corps.

The chinstrap also looks to be an aged repro.