Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Soldbuch Translation/Help!!

Article about: Hello everyone, I just got this Soldbuch for my Imperial German impression. I won it for an excellent deal of \\$11 on ebay. I've translated a little of it to what I could read. His name seems

Exclamation WWI Soldbuch Translation/Help!!

Hello everyone,
    I just got this Soldbuch for my Imperial German impression. I won it for an excellent deal of $11 on ebay! I've translated a little of it to what I could read. His name seems to read Landwehrmann Josef Hellmann. Any help translating any of the pages at all is much appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Soldbuch Translation/Help!!   WWI Soldbuch Translation/Help!!  

WWI Soldbuch Translation/Help!!   WWI Soldbuch Translation/Help!!  

WWI Soldbuch Translation/Help!!   WWI Soldbuch Translation/Help!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI Soldbuch Translation/Help!!
    P
    Many

?

Very Nice!!!! I have a picture of a Gent at work that I'm thinking is from the 4th Regiment of the Baden Landwher Regiment. I'll check tomorrow when I'm there. I have it to justify my M96 enlisted Baden Landwher picklehaube and the commission 88 rifle I have for my Helm, Rifle, Bayonet theme of my collecting interest.

I'm also interested in the translation and I know that we have some very gifted individual who have this very talent on this great site

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Hello, the little I can decipher. Hopefully, it will shed at least some light on his fate.

Josef Hellmann was born in Speyer, at that time belonging to the Kingdom of Bavaria, on September 25, 1884. He worked as a joiner, was of catholic faith and married Therese Schulz in 1913 and the family had no children yet. Hellmann was quite tall (1,72 cm) and had dark blond hair and beard.

Hellmann had already served in the army before the war, he was conscripted for compulsory service on October 10, 1906. During that time he served by the 4. Unter-Elsässisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 143. When the war broke out, he was reactivated and assigned to the Bavarian Reserve Infantry Regiment No. 5.

Hellmann was injured in the one of the first battles, suffering a shot through both of his thighs. He arrived to a field hospital in Tübingen on September 9, 1914, and after 10 days was transfered to another hospital in Rottenburg am Neckar where he spent another month. When he was released on October 23, Hellmann was deemed to be fit for garrison duty and reassigned to reserve troops.

Afterwards he spent the second half of 1915 and whole 1916 by reserve battalion of his old Reserve Infantry Regiment No. 5. The last entry from January 1917 than suggests that Hellman was transferred as a stableman to the reserve battalion of the Königlich Bayerisches 2. Fußartillerie-Regiment.

Thank you so much for this.

?

I hope this works.
    The info I have on this is L.I.R.40 Ers.Btln. 4 Komp. Alt-Breisach 27 April 15

I must apologize as for some reason when I read Bayern, Baden stuck in my head.
    The pic of the gent above is a Baden Landwehr soldat, so of no help what so ever to you.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 04-24-2016 at 09:03 PM.

That is pretty awesome Phil, reminds me of my Great Grandfather. He wore the same uniform back in 1908. Well I guess they all did :P

He's in full dress on the far right

?

Now that is an awesome Pic Constantine
    Mine is just a Guy I call "Otto" for the rifle helmet combo look . But yours is of your Great Grandfather. That is a spectacular piece of Family history.

The only pic of my family sporting a spiked helmet is my Great Great Uncle and he is shown with the US Cavalry 1898 haube we used for a short time in history.

I tried to zoom in on the pic to see what Wappen he is sporting on that Haube but it just got to blurry. Do you know what German State he served with?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks Phil
    It would be cool to see a photo of him if you have it.
    I know my Great Grandfather was from the small town of Schallodenbach in what is now the district of Kaiserslautern. It possibly could have been part of Bavaria in 1908?