Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WWI U boot Clasp

Article about: Got me this U boote Clasp today, no maker. I was told that it is a 1930's copy of the WWI original which was at that time no longer available.

Default WWI U boot Clasp

Got me this U boote Clasp today, no maker.
    I was told that it is a 1930's copy of the WWI original which was at that time no longer available.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI U boot Clasp   WWI U boot Clasp  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI U boot Clasp
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWI U boot Clasp

I suspect this could be a bit later and date from the 1960's? I am far from expert on these, or anything else, but the pin looks like those found on 1957 pattern awards?

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for the info Ade.....

Redgemak, I agree with Ade on this one, when i first saw it, my first thoughts were, 'definitley a quality piece', upon further examination, the hardware is 'a'la 57', many people forget that right upto modern times replacement awards were still available to vets, who had 'lost' their original awards. Although not strictly a '57', (the law enabling ww2 decorations to be worn after 1956 dealt only with those awards displaying the 'swastika'). IMO yours is a replacement award and is to be treated as an 'Original' (becoming collectable as we speak), only not period made.

Thankx for the info Oradour.
    If you look at the medal in real life, the details are much deeper and sharper than on the photo's.