Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI-WWII 14 medal ribbon bar

Article about: Thanks everyone for the information. The bar is for sale. I have absolutely no idea what it is worth but I will trust those on this forum. It seems that a lot of you know each other and kind

Default WWI-WWII 14 medal ribbon bar

I am new to the website and trying to figure out how to correctly post things. I need some help identifying this 14 piece medal ribbon bar. I have id'ed some but not all. My expertise is finding stuff but I rely on the experts (THAT'S YOU GUYS) to tell me what I have found. I have a number of medal and uniforms that are unidentified. Thanks for your help. Lee
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI-WWII 14 medal ribbon bar   WWI-WWII 14 medal ribbon bar  

WWI-WWII 14 medal ribbon bar   WWI-WWII 14 medal ribbon bar  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI-WWII 14 medal ribbon bar
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWI-WWII 14 medal ribbon bar

Did this set belong to just one person or is it a collection of awards?
    If this was all awarded to the same guy, I am suresomeone can
    put a name and face to it.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with many of the awards
    on the medal bar and the web site I relied on for help
    has just resently closed
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi Looking at the bar there are a few medals missing, but these can be picked up. Is this genuine?? As there are two hindenburg cross ribbons, which is odd one 2nd from left.

In that space you have Iron Cross 2nd Cl, with another black and white ribbon interlinked with the hindenburg, this might be for the Hausorden von Hohenzollern.

Here is the order from left to right:

Iron Cross 2nd cl 1914, Hindenburg Cross with swords 1914-1918, Bavarian War Merit Cross, Saxon Military Order Albrechts Orden, Lippe - Detmold Order, 2nd Hindenburg Cross 1914-18, two Long service awards with eagles, Kronen Orden 3. Klasse, 2.Modell 1867- 1918, Waldeck Order 3-4th class, Saxon Duchies Herzoglich Sachsen-Ernestinischer Hausorden - Ritterkreuz 2 class,
    Schwarzburg Honour Cross, Chinadenkmunze, Prussian Zentenarmedaille 1897 and the Austrian Military Service Cross 3rd Class.

Think thats right.

Alan.

I believe the black/white/red ribbon in the left hand spot is
    for the 1870-71 service medal pictured loose just below it.
    gregM

myself around.

Yes Greg, you are right! good job!

It looks like it all belongs to one person. You may be right that a medal or two is missing, more ribbons than medals. I have included a picture of the back....good thing the moths like felt more than the ribbons. Any idea what it is worth and anyone interested? By finding this stuff and selling it, I am able to have the money to restore my M5A1 tank. Thanks Lee
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI-WWII 14 medal ribbon bar  

scroungerm5,.... wow! a lot of medals on one mount!....a huge range of medals across a wide variety of States, Duchies and Kingdoms, i've just done some calculations, Greg is correct the 2nd medal (detached) is the 1870/1 service medal for combatants in the 'Franco/Prussian War', if the receipiant had just enlisted at the earliest age 17, in the Landsturm either as a cadet or Fahnenjunker and served in a frontline outfit he would of recieved this medal. The age a which some sort of military service ended was 45, that would of been in 1899, so in 1914 he would of been 60, and obviously by the end of WW1, 64 years of age. Unless the gent was a high ranking officer, i.e. General class, i doubt he would of served during WW1, (for a General, the awards/medals are not IMO high enough grades), I know that some officers and NCO's served in their 50's, but that appeared not to be the norm. If this is one individuals medal bar, why are the 25yr and 12yr Long service medals Third Reich examples?...and with the inclusion of these and the 'Hindenburg Cross' this bar was made up at the earliest 1934, making the holder 80 years old. Not impossible, but i think highly improbable....IMO i think we could be looking at a Military Outfitters 'display item', from the mid 1930's on. Still a nice set of period medals that would grace any medal collection. This is just my opinion of course, and i encourage any other theories/deductions from members.

I agree it's not a likely combination but not impossible.
    I remember seeing a 1870/Hindy combination on another
    forum that was vetted as original. (unforunately I can no
    find the discussion)

With the variety of different states represented, could this be
    grouping of a diplomate or a high level pencil pusher?
    gregM

myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I agree it's not a likely combination but not impossible.
    I remember seeing a 1870/Hindy combination on another
    forum that was vetted as original. (unforunately I can no
    find the discussion)

With the variety of different states represented, could this be
    grouping of a diplomate or a high level pencil pusher?
    Greg, quite possibly....I just think the spread of State awards too prolific, I see bars with Bavarian/Prussian or Saxon/Prussian etc, etc.. together with minor Duchy/principalaties medals/awards, but this set has awards from every corner of the Empire !...like you say though, possible. Still, I would be happy to own such a grouping !

Quote by oradour View Post
    Still, I would be happy to own such a grouping !
    Same here. It's an entire Imperial states collection in neat group.
    gregM

myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast