Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI/WWII Trench Knife

Article about: Hello all! I havent really been buying lately. Not that I didnt want to, just didn't really come across anything that sparked my interest. I went to the flea market today and came across wha

?

Default WWI/WWII Trench Knife

Hello all!

I havent really been buying lately. Not that I didnt want to, just didn't really come across anything that sparked my interest. I went to the flea market today and came across what I believe is a WWI trench knife, possibly WWII. I saw a nearly identical one in another thread which leads me to believe it is WWI. The story of this knife goes that it was picked up by a WWII vet, sold to someone and then sold to the man I bought it from. It appears the vet replaced the let hanger with his own, as the wear on the leather does not match the wear of the knife. The blade appears to be quite clean and I dont think it was ever sharpened. So besides the replaced leather and the paint loss on the scabbard I would say its in pretty good shape. I'd love to hear some opinions on the knife. Am I on the right track or did I miss the mark completely?

- - Updated - -

I forgot to mention the blade is unmarked, which would lead me to believe it is very early or very late make.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI/WWII Trench Knife   WWI/WWII Trench Knife  

WWI/WWII Trench Knife   WWI/WWII Trench Knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI/WWII Trench Knife
    P
    Many

Hi Doug..it looks like itis as you say and it has seen its better days..but still the knife itself is in decent condition..i will move this one to the K98 bayonet forum..although not a bayonet..but the same characteristics. The weekend is upon us and come the start of the work week..one of the Bayo guys will give you a good reply. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

EM's Dress Bayonet...

Feuerbach is there any characteristics that may lead this knife to a bayonet..more so than a boot knife? I am not seeing from the one photo provided a rifle slot on the pommel end. The other question is..who made these knives as there is no logo on the blade?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi !

The K98 bayonet forum ins´t the right place to show this knife !

The best place to show the knife is there:
    Bayonets and trench knives of the world at War relics forum

maybe, there:
    Imperial Germany & Austro-Hungary at War relics forum

@Feuerbach
    This is not an enlisted men´s dress bayonet.
    It´s an German WWI Armeedolch.
    Such knives were also in use in the Weimar Republic.

IMO dramos´ Armeedolch was made pre 1918.

Best regards,

R.

P.S.:
    Try the search function Armeedolch
    https://www.warrelics.eu/google.php?...a.x=14&sa.y=12

Thankyou Riebert for the Identification..thread is moved to Imperial Germany / Austro Hungary forum

?

Thank you for the replies guys! I really appreciate it. When doing my own research I knew that the handle/grip resembled the k98 bayonet, but the blade itself looked more like the boot knives.

Quote by dramos View Post
    ... When doing my own research I knew that the handle/grip resembled the k98 bayonet, ...
    Not the K98k bayonet, (the SG84/98III), you mean the German "Dress bayonet" !

?

Whoops! Yes, I meant the dress bayonet.