Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German style Swiss Pony Fur Rucksack?

Article about: Hi This rucksack is similar to WWI German M34 tournister. I was told it's Swiss made might be used by mountain troops. There is only one small print mark as pic shows. Any inspection will be

Default WWII German style Swiss Pony Fur Rucksack?

Hi

This rucksack is similar to WWI German M34 tournister. I was told it's Swiss made might be used by mountain troops. There is only one small print mark as pic shows. Any inspection will be appreciated thanks.

WWII German style Swiss Pony Fur Rucksack?WWII German style Swiss Pony Fur Rucksack?WWII German style Swiss Pony Fur Rucksack?WWII German style Swiss Pony Fur Rucksack?WWII German style Swiss Pony Fur Rucksack?WWII German style Swiss Pony Fur Rucksack?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German style Swiss Pony Fur Rucksack?
    P
    Many

Not realy similar to German backpack's , but they are similar to Belgian WWI backpack's!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Stuka
    Thanks again for your help. Do you think this one is also made in WWI era? The mark should be for military not citizen org, right? thanks again.

?

Hello Kevin
    For sure a Swiss pack I am unsure on the vintage though. Sellers call them 1930's-40's be nice to have it confirmed I believe they are not mountain packs which tend to be the longer/narrower model for climbing.

Eric

Hi Eric
    Thanks for your info. So you mean the mark should be military not civil org. right? I am not sure does if it has collectable value, thanks.

i belive it was more widely issued than just to mountain troops, i think it was the standard army issue backpack in the later half of the 19th century until it was replaced with the canvas ones you still occaisionally see in surplus stores. they're definitely of very high quality, as was all swiss kit.

They were stadard issue for the swiss army. My grandfather was at cavallerie and had his "Aff" ( that´s swiss-german for Monkey.)
    The were not made from pony fur... nobody would kill those sweet little horses to make tornisters from them, and switzerland has not so many ponies, they usually belong to girls.. Those Tornisters were made from Cowfur, and as they are hairy, they earned the nickname " AFFE", or " FÄLL-AFF" ( Furmonkey).