Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Anatoly Stoessel's signature?

Article about: I recently picked up this autographed post card of Lt. General Anatoly Stoessel, who was a Hero during the Boxer Rebellion, and sentenced to death for his performance a few years later durin

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Is this Anatoly Stoessel's signature?

I recently picked up this autographed post card of Lt. General Anatoly Stoessel, who was a Hero during the Boxer Rebellion, and sentenced to death for his performance a few years later during the Russo-Jap war. (His death sentence was later over-turned, and he returned to Service!) Are there any autograph collectors in this forum that can ID his signature? If you say it is not his signature at the bottom of this post card would you post his real signature? Excuse the lines, but I don't want anybody profiting from my question. Bbl (thanks)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Anatoly  Stoessel's signature?  

Default Re: Is this Anatoly Stoessel's signature?

Is this Anatoly  Stoessel's signature?Is this Anatoly  Stoessel's signature?
    This is a Studio Cabinet photo by C.A. Bulla dated 26 December 1907. I too do not know if this is his signature. My contention is: why would you date it if it were not your signature... It is Cyrillic cursive on the front and English cursive on the rear. Anyone want to weigh in?