Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

General Iogolovitch field trunk pre WW1

Article about: I have come across an old field trunk made of pine with brass hardware. Very nice old field trunk. I looked inside and found a label that says it belonged to General Iogolovitch, Imperial Ru

Matt
    ?

Default General Iogolovitch field trunk pre WW1

I have come across an old field trunk made of pine with brass hardware. Very nice old field trunk. I looked inside and found a label that says it belonged to General Iogolovitch, Imperial Russian Army pre WW1. I know nothing about it other than what the label says..If anyone knows how to identify or knows someone who can, any info would be greatly appreciated.

?

Default Re: General Iogolovitch field trunk pre WW1

hi matt , welcome to the forum. detailed pics would help , easy enough to distress an old trunk and add a label. writing style and construction of the trunk could help to period date it ,but you would never know for sure . if at the right price it could be a nice addition......cheers paul

Elena Govor
    ?

Quote by Matt View Post
    I have come across an old field trunk made of pine with brass hardware. Very nice old field trunk. I looked inside and found a label that says it belonged to General Iogolovitch, Imperial Russian Army pre WW1. I know nothing about it other than what the label says..If anyone knows how to identify or knows someone who can, any info would be greatly appreciated.
    I know the General, he was a brother of my husband's grandmother. The correct spelling of his name is Moisei Iogolevich while in the US he became Michael Iogolevitch. He was a military doctor in the Russian Army in the Russo-Japanese war 1904-1905 and later fought in the First World War and in the Russian Civil War (on the side of the whites). In 1918 he emigrated with his family to the US. His young son Paul fought in WWI too and published a book in the US 'Young Russian Corporal'. Michael's children achieved a lot in the US, but he did not have grandchildren and I can't trace his family archive and photographs. You can see a lot of information about Michael and his family on his page - Ancestry.com on my tree of Iogolevich family on Ancestry.com
    I will appreciate a photo of the trunk and label.

Great story!
    Love to see the trunk as well!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris