Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Russian sword Identification

Article about: Saw this broken sword listed in eBay. Thought it has an exorbitant price tag if I can settle a nice price and this could become an interesting restoration project or wall hanger. I really do

Default Imperial Russian sword Identification

Saw this broken sword listed in eBay. Thought it has an exorbitant price tag if I can settle a nice price and this could become an interesting restoration project or wall hanger. I really don't know anything about Imperial Russian swords. I hope the well versed folk of this forum can identify the model and timeframe of the sword. Thanks for reading.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Russian sword Identification   Imperial Russian sword Identification  

Imperial Russian sword Identification   Imperial Russian sword Identification  

Imperial Russian sword Identification  

I don't know if the Russians used it, but it's a German made sword.

Quote by paul kennedy View Post
    I don't know if the Russians used it, but it's a German made sword.
    With German unit markings - I can't see a Russian connection.

Indeed, a Prussian P1889 with a broken blade tip. Early 1900's to WW1 era. Certainly shouldn't be priced "exorbitantly" in that condition. Quite a bit of damage.