Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Great-grandfather in White Army Uniform

Article about: Hello everyone, I am researching my family roots and came across two photos of my great-grandfather. I was hoping someone would help me identify the uniforms in question. The only informatio

Northernlights
    ?

Default Polish Great-grandfather in White Army Uniform

Hello everyone,

I am researching my family roots and came across two photos of my great-grandfather. I was hoping someone would help me identify the uniforms in question. The only information I have been able to gather so far, has been that he was a Polish soldier stationed in 1918 in Aleksandrovsk, gub. Jekaterynoslawka - today's Ukrainian Zaporizhia. The photos were most likely from the same period. He died on December 15th, 1919.

As to the uniform, I don't think it is of the Polish Army formed in 1918. That is why, I thought I would turn to your forum for help. Could this possibly be a White Army uniform or perhaps of the Army of the Ukrainian National Republic? Any ideas or thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Great-grandfather in White Army Uniform   Polish Great-grandfather in White Army Uniform  

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Polish Great-grandfather in White Army Uniform

Hey there,
    In 1918 the only Polish uniform was the wz.17 used by the Polniche Wehrmacht.All the over uniforms were German Austrian Russian French British American and the list goes on....

I think these pictures are from World War 1 when he fought in the Imperial Russian Army.

Do you know how he died?

Regards
    Emil