Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare WWI Russian Pilots uniform

Article about: Gentlemen, I have been reading the discussion as to if the Russian uniofm is real or fake. Well, I have one that is identical down to the cracks in the hat bill and the fading spots on the h

Default Rare WWI Russian Pilots uniform

Gentlemen,

I have been reading the discussion as to if the Russian uniofm is real or fake. Well, I have one that is identical down to the cracks in the hat bill and the fading spots on the hat. How can there be TWO rare uniforms that are so perfectly identical. I'd like to know where this one is now. The man I got it from swears it was from an auction in Europe. Is this one still in someone's hands. If so, one or both of us has a fake!

Lee Humiston

I'd like to know where the link is to the uniform in question so that we know what the hell you're on about....Come on man!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Have you done a Google image search to se if the tunic turns up elsewhere?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I'd like to know where the link is to the uniform in question so that we know what the hell you're on about....Come on man!

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/aviat...uniform-14435/
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hey Big Ned,

I am brand new at this so cut me a little slack...please... I (my museum) may have been stung big time and I just need to find some information. I went to google, plugged in rare ww i russian pilots uniform and this site came up. So I joined to see what I can find out.

?

Take it easy Lee. You have come to the right place. Ned is not picking on you(he is just being Ned LOL). He is right. We need some pics of course. Otherwise it's a tad difficult

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Take it easy Lee. You have come to the right place. Ned is not picking on you(he is just being Ned LOL). He is right. We need some pics of course. Otherwise it's a tad difficult

Regards, Lars
    Yeah Ned is a big pussycat!.....

?

I always enjoy Ned's posts and he helped me out back when i was very new here with my 2nd pattern LW dagger.

Well, we should not side track this thread as it is important to Lee. Post some pics Lee and i am sure you will get a lot of response. Ade will know something i am sure.

Regards, Lars

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Have you done a Google image search to se if the tunic turns up elsewhere?
    Thank you one and all. Did anyone pull up the site on google? It came right to this site when you click on the uniform after typing in Rare WW I Rusiam Pilots uniform. This is the EXACT uniform I have at the museum. As previously stated the cracks, the fade marks, everything. It is impossible to tell them apart. My real question, since the first article was in 2011 and I only acquired it in 2013, is where is the one shown on your (now mine) site back then. As to Ned, Meow, Meow :0)

?

One of our moderators have posted a link to the thread with the uniform in question. Here it is again: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/aviat...uniform-14435/

Maybe take contact to the forum member who posted it? He seems to be a lifetime member in the US.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast