Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian Adrian

Article about: I've seen that these are very rare and hard to find. Bought this helmet few days ago and then I've seen the thread below and I don't know if I payed to much for mine.... I gave 500 euro. Wha

Default Russian Adrian

I've seen that these are very rare and hard to find. Bought this helmet few days ago and then I've seen the thread below and I don't know if I payed to much for mine.... I gave 500 euro. What do you think? Did I overpayed it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian Adrian   Russian Adrian  

Russian Adrian   Russian Adrian  

Russian Adrian   Russian Adrian  

?

Default Re: Russian Adrian

Unfortunately the helmet is French and badge mismatched to the helmet. I would like to see the badge's back side. In any case 400 is approx price for the badge only.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

3mk
    ?

Sorry i dont know if you over payed or not but thats a nice helmet!

Here's the picture from inside. This is the splitter that holds the badge. I don't want to take the badge off because it could puncture.
    Dimas, I believe that this is 100% original helmet with the badge. You can se that nothing was touched on the badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian Adrian  

?

From the first picture it looks like. But the pictures is a little bit blured. If it's originally attached, then probably that is the helmet from the Russian expeditionary corps in France 1916-1918 year, some French helmets was with reattached Imperial emblems. 500 eur in that case is bargain price
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I thought it could be Russian exeditionary corps. I've seen 3 or 4 examples on Internet in better condition. One guy is asking few tousand $ for helmet with liner, chinstrap, badge and high percentage of original paint. But I think that is FAR too much!

I would like also better pictures of the badge . They are faked as well!
    And the way the crest is hold to the helmet is not right eighter.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I would like also better pictures of the badge . They are faked as well!
    And the way the crest is hold to the helmet is not right eighter.
    I really don't know which picture to take. I believe that last picture proved that the helmet is original. And I don't understand what do you mean by saying that "badges are faked AS WELL".
    And what concirns the crest...... What should I say to you, stuka? Could you please tell me which way is right?

Do not desasperate!
    A close up of the insigna would help a lot, no need to remove it from the helmet.
    About the crest, I will try to get you some close up of a good fixation, those bright split pens look very new to me.
    Your last picture proofs only that the pins holding the insigna are old, but they can be fixed to a new insigna, so no extra holes are needed in the helmet.
    There is already a big difference in the condition of the helmet in general and the insigna, however the pins of the insigna show the same use.
    Those inigna's where already copied in the 80' ties and maybe earlyer.
    I am no expert, I only try to help by what I see, feel and know.

First picture shows the inside of a helmet with the right pens.
    Second picture a fake Russian insigna (made in Vietnam)sold on eBay for 12 euro.
    A third picture the rear side of an copied Tscheque insigna provide by the same compagny.
    The major difference on the pins that hold the insigna is that the copy's are weld and the originals are solder with tin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian Adrian  
    Attached Images Attached Images Russian Adrian 
    Attached Images Attached Images