Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Russian pre-1917 uniform!

Article about: Hi am a newby and I was informed that I could possibly get some help on this forum! This is the grandfather of a friend of mine. He was born in Russia SPB in 1880 and served in the military.

?

Default Russian pre-1917 uniform!

Russian pre-1917 uniform!

Hi am a newby and I was informed that I could possibly get some help on this forum! This is the grandfather of a friend of mine. He was born in Russia SPB in 1880 and served in the military. He passed in 1976 and no one ever asked him what he did in the Czars military... we are hoping the uniform might tell us something.
    His name was Konstantin Mikhailovich Geystor. As you can see the photo was taken in SPB by Julius Weidenbaum.
    Thank very much for whatever we might learn. Barry

MAP
    ?

Just a bump for new member Barry.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Another bump for our new member.....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Another bump for our new member.....
    Thank you both for the bumps!!!! It is nice to be here!!!

I'm certainly no expert on Imperial Russian uniforms but will share my thoughts. At first glance the uniform appears much like a M1907 tunic, but the collars and shoulder boards appear incorrect for the Imperial Military.

Is it possible it is a Police or Post Office uniform? Here are some period cards featuring Post Officer uniforms.
    Attached Images Attached Images Russian pre-1917 uniform!  Russian pre-1917 uniform! 
    Best regards,
    Chris

"Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also."
    Carl Jung

Civil service, not military. Looks like crossed quills or oak leaves on the collar.

Hello friends . This is exactly a student St. Petersburg Forestry Institute.
    Attached Images Attached Images Russian pre-1917 uniform! 

Another student. - Full analog uniforms.
    They could be friends or just acquaintances. Photo 1903 year
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian pre-1917 uniform!  

Konstantin Mikhailovich Geystor in 1922. Immigration to China-city Harbin. Probably with the last regiments of the Russian White Army.
    in 1933 he left for the USA

Perhaps he saw the Last Parade of the White Army in Vladivostok in 1922. Before moving to Harbin this year

Here are the unique frames YouTube