Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

St George Medal

Article about: Hi Guys, can research be done on this medal? A friend who works for a UK museum asked me as they have a group of WW1 British medals to a member of the Royal Flying corps who was given this m

Default St George Medal

Hi Guys, can research be done on this medal?

A friend who works for a UK museum asked me as they have a group of WW1 British medals to a member of the Royal Flying corps who was given this medal.

He did not know why he got it. So he wrote to the Soviet Embassy in the UK in 1942 to ask! They told him they did not know. I bet this was not a popular question with them

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default re: St George Medal

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Guys, can research be done on this medal?

A friend who works for a UK museum asked me as they have a group of WW1 British medals to a member of the Royal Flying corps who was given this medal.

He did not know why he got it. So he wrote to the Soviet Embassy in the UK in 1942 to ask! They told him they did not know. I bet this was not a popular question with them

Cheers, Ade.
    This was a normally issued in the first WW to the allied troops, or the same can be as distinguishing awards for Antanta troops in period of civil war in Russia. Due of some of British units taked a part in the battles in the side of White army

Can You let me know the number of Bravery Medal ?

I am sorry, I don't have a number.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade, have you tried the London Gazette? Military honours were/are announced in this publication or alternatively any archives of the British Military Mission which again should contain references to award recipients and circumstances for receiving the award...National Archive at Kew or IWM archives?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.