Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

St Georges Cross N° 126 870

Article about: HI, I have found a St Georges Cross which number is 126 870. I have done some research and found it was awarded to Sergent PILLARD J. from 291° Infantery Regiment in March 1915. This informa

?

Default St Georges Cross N° 126 870

HI, I have found a St Georges Cross which number is 126 870. I have done some research and found it was awarded to Sergent PILLARD J. from 291° Infantery Regiment in March 1915. This information comes from the regimental newspaper (database "Mémoire des Hommes").
    Unfortunatly I can't find anything else on this soldier. I would need more information: first name (J=Jean ?), date of birth, regimental roll .... May be someone has a database with the St Georges recipient names and could give me more detailled information ?
    I have also sent an email to the Russian Ambassy in Paris last week but received yet no answer ....

Best regards, Georges.

?

Hello,

No idea where I could find something about this St georges Cross recipient ?

Best regards.

99.9999% cross with this number private french issue, not original russian .
    Some french firm was produced crosses with one number - 126870
    ???????????? ?????? ???????????? ???????.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture St Georges Cross N° 126 870  

?

Hello, may be you're right but in my case this cross was officially awarded to this soldier with that number among several others. I have the official french document (Journal Officiel de la République Française) with the name and number of the cross.

So no doubt it is an original one. May be also some fakes were produced afterwards taken some numbers in official document. My question remains the same. Is there a way to find information on the recipient of the cross ?

Best regards.

I must to see your cross

My cross in medals group of french soldier WWI medal group of French Hussar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture St Georges Cross N° 126 870  

?

First the document from the "daily operations regimental logbook" as of March 1915:

Then the cross. It is in poor condition very worn out. I found it on the flea marmet in a box with other French medals from WWI.

I can't copy the "Journal Officiel" as there are too many pages.

I have copy of "Journal Officiel", but your cross are french private production

Your cross and my , original russian issue
    Attached Images Attached Images St Georges Cross N° 126 870  St Georges Cross N° 126 870 

?

Your cross N° 126 802 is also in the "Journal Officiel" as of March 1915 page 2169 with the name:

Maréchal des Logis BELLET (H.F.) 6° Régiment de Hussards

Quote by deco06 View Post
    Your cross N° 126 802 is also in the "Journal Officiel" as of March 1915 page 2169 with the name:

Maréchal des Logis BELLET (H.F.) 6° Régiment de Hussards
    Yes, go to link WWI medal group of French Hussar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast