Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Sword need help identifying

Article about: Saw this sword on ebay I know its from the Persian cossacks but was wandering if it was original Russian Cavalry Saber 1881 Model Turkish ReIssued WWI SWORD | eBay Sorry I can only post the

Default Sword need help identifying

Saw this sword on ebay I know its from the Persian cossacks but was wandering if it was original Russian Cavalry Saber 1881 Model Turkish ReIssued WWI SWORD | eBay

Sorry I can only post the link because of mobile

MAP
    ?

I already uploaded your other photos. You can always do a screen capture from your cell phone. Not ideal but better than nothing. Links are not allowed.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

After WW II Persia copied prewar Czech Mauser carbines for its cavalry. The copies were not exact copies. In hand it's very clear that these swords are copies of the original Russian 1881 pattern sword with steel scabbards probably made in the same period for the Persian cavalry. Both items years later exported to the U.S. as military surplus some may have gone to other places (?). PS: As a courtesy a couple of the images have been added to the thread. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sword need help identifying   Sword need help identifying