Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

ww1 russian belt buckle?

Article about: Could anyone help with this, im sooo out of my depth with russian items! could this be ww1 era? im assumeing it isnt austrian, due to the russian eagle has several coats of arms on it's wing

Default ww1 russian belt buckle?

Could anyone help with this, im sooo out of my depth with russian items!
    could this be ww1 era?
    im assumeing it isnt austrian, due to the russian eagle has several coats of arms on it's wings, and the Austrian eagle does not?

ww1 russian belt buckle?ww1 russian belt buckle?

Yes mate you are quite correct regarding nationality and period.

However, this one seems to have a broken catch / hook in the centre when the catch would normally not be in the centre but in a similar position to the loop bar at the opposite edge.

It might be a good one as I am not an authenticy expert on WWI Russian field gear but I do know that all Russian and Soviet Russian militaria is heavily faked to a very high standard when it comes to weathering etc so I would do some research.

Regards

Mark

пряжка российской империи, оригинальная, не сомневайтесь

MAP
    ?

Quote by leforhe74 View Post
    пряжка российской империи, оригинальная, не сомневайтесь
    Welcome to the forum. We would love to hear your input but as an English speaking forum, most people will not be able to read your posts.

Feel free to use a translator, such as Google Translate.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

if there is interest in the buckles of the Russian Empire, I can sell it in good condition

Quote by leforhe74 View Post
    if there is interest in the buckles of the Russian Empire, I can sell it in good condition
    Offers for sale even vague ones go here please;

Other militaria - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."