Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen

Article about: Fisher, the short answer is no, I wish I did ! Its not for the want of trying ! they are similar in design to the "Deumer" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen re cut out on rifle stock, and

?

Default 1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen

Hi, just wanted to learn some more about these 57 pattern IF badges. How common are they and what should a regular one like this be worth? This example is for sale for 45 Euro at a dealers site. Is it someone who knows how many that were produced?

Thanks Al

1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen
    P
    Many

S&L or Souval were the most prominent makers of '57 awards. Not sure who the maker is of this one. I'm not "au fait" with '57er's" though, sorry. Stewy

Here's one of mine. Stewy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen   1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen  

?

Thanks for information, nice badges you've got there. What would you think about the price offered?

Thanks Al

Price is ok IMO. Stewy

Hello Al

I agree with Stewy and the badge you show is considered an early S&L high quality example and is unmarked. There are identical examples that have an "o" as a mm on the reverse. The 57er badge Stewy shows is also an S&L example but is considered produced a decade later. The easiest way to tell is the reverse hardware.

The firm of Deumer also produced a "true" 57er Infanterie Sturmabzeichen snas the adler and are of high quality also.
    Here are some of my examples.

The badge looks to be in very nice shape and is worth the asking price IMO.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen  

Al, the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen you show is as fischer states a good early one, the type preferred by 57er collectors, the price IMO for an early one is cheap ! I have examples of early, mid and late badges, the later badges are easy to spot by their hardware, they have what collectors call an "open hinge" and usually a gaudy finish with no polished high lighting.....As well as St u L and Deumer there is a rarer maker of these 57' Infanterie Sturmabzeichen badges, the firm of Assmann.
    Here are three of my Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, first images show an early 1957-1960 Bronze version, next two images show a mid production 1960's example, with closed hinge block, the last two images a late after1968, open hinge assembly and larger "C" catch ......note also that all St u L versions have a bevelled inner, most evident on second photo in post #3. If you search through the Bundeswehr sub section you will find more information on the range of 1957 awards.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen   1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen  

1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen   1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen  

1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen   1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen  

1957 Pattern Infanterie-Abzeichen  
    Last edited by oradour; 10-20-2013 at 01:01 PM.

?

Nice looking badges gents...& the 1 for sale is worth that price...Cheers Terry.

Quote by oradour View Post
    As well as St u L and Deumer there is a rarer maker of these 57' Infanterie Sturmabzeichen badges, the firm of Assman.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi Steve

Do you have an Assmann 57er Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in your collection? I have only seen one example over the years and whenever anyone mentions an Assmann 57er on the various fora, it is this example that I mention that is posted.

After reading your post, I am hoping you have one.

Best Regards, fischer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast