Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Dear Friends i need your opinions of these IAB, real or fakes?. Thanks in advance 1 2

Default 2 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Dear Friends i need your opinions of these IAB, real or fakes?. Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

I think the Souval looks odd, the base metal appears wrong and the catch is not one i'm familiar with on wartime awards. The Zimmermann with crimped hinge looks o.k. in my opinion.

Best wait for other replies on these.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I agree with Ned on the Souval, something isn't quite right there. The engraving exposes the base metal which to me is completely wrong.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I think they both look odd...look at the wings on both examples, they aren't symetrical at all...and the catch on the Souval is seen on postwar awards...In the bottom award, the detail on the wings and on the rifle appear crude and lacking in detail as well...
    just my 2 cents...
    cheers, Glenn

?

The Zimmermann looks ok to me, it has a interesting crimp set-up. The Souval is a post war for sure.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I think they both look odd...look at the wings on both examples, they aren't symetrical at all...and the catch on the Souval is seen on postwar awards...In the bottom award, the detail on the wings and on the rifle appear crude and lacking in detail as well...
    just my 2 cents...
    cheers, Glenn
    I tend to agree with Glenn about these two.

The R. Souval is not a wartime example and it is not one of the post war examples with the infamous "Souval claw" catch that RS produced.
    This is a copy made for the reenactors and can be found on web sites like "1944 Militaria".
    The price is around $20.00 for these.

The FZS is a better made example but some of the obverse details, overall texture and the hardware attachment looks strange. The attached pic of the hinge is small and does not enlarge like the others. From what I can see, the hinge and catch plate do not look to be crimped in place and simply part of the casting with the it soldered to the reverse.
    Better pics of the hinge and catch area's (side views) are needed to authenticate.

Best Regards, fischer

I agree with the others on the R.S., you can compare the FZS with mine.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/infan...ttgart-228604/
    I think you will find your answer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I agree with the others on the R.S., you can compare the FZS with mine.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/infan...ttgart-228604/
    I think you will find your answer.
    Ralph.

Hola Ralph, thank you very much for the link. In my comparison I see them identical, it is so or are there differences?.
    Jose Luis

Quote by belgrano View Post
    Hola Ralph, thank you very much for the link. In my comparison I see them identical, it is so or are there differences?.
    Jose Luis
    Hello Jose Luis,
    I believe that the one that you have posted has a repaired catch or the photos are not good enough to tell. Clear photos of the catch from the side would help in determining this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Dear Friends, thank you very much for all, for your help

Jose Luis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast