Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bronze IAB

Article about: Here is another IAB bronze maker marked. I believe I will only collect these badges for a while. I really like them.

Default Bronze IAB

Here is another IAB bronze maker marked. I believe I will only collect these badges for a while.
    I really like them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze IAB   Bronze IAB  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bronze IAB
    P
    Many

Hello

This one is a fake and it has been around for several years now.
    The funny thing about this one, the only thing they copied from an original was the Wiedmann "UU" maker mark.

The obverse features are basically a Fantasy design.

Best Regards, fischer

Thank you for the detailed information.

?

Too bad it camo out as a fake. I hope you are able to get your money back!

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Thank you for the detailed information.
    Oh man what a bummer ..... I bet you were throwing out a few cuss words as you typed that ( I know I would have been )
    Its a minefield out there and disappointments can really be a kick in the guts .... real sorry man coz I've been there too.

Hang in there,
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hello

This one is a fake and it has been around for several years now.
    The funny thing about this one, the only thing they copied from an original was the Wiedmann "UU" maker mark.

The obverse features are basically a Fantasy design.

Best Regards, fischer
    Absolutely. Stewy

This hobby is a gut wrencher at times! I may just move on and collect Marlin model 336's. They are dead accurate, and fun to shoot. No need to worry about fakes with these.

Hello

No, don't stop collecting. We all have gotten bit once or twice. In fact, I purchased this same type badge at a Gun Show in the 90's.

The best defense against the fakers is knowledge. After you study enough Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's you will be able to spot the originals.

Study good scans of known originals; research the obverse details and the different types of hardware set ups.
    Your GWL, unmarked F&R design and unmarked ShuCo design are all nice original examples...a great start to an Infanterie Sturmabzeichen collection.

Here is my example.

Best Regards, fischer

PS> I also like 336's but my favorite Marlin is my Model 1881 in 45-70 ;-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze IAB   Bronze IAB  

Hi Fischer, I appreciate the kind words and pep talk. Thank you for the support, and knowledge on the previous badges. This is a bulls*it hobby the items have gotten very expensive more reproductions than originals. Literally a minefield of dishonest dealers. At this point my collection is a 50/50 crap shoot!

I have 3 Marlin 336's from production dates 1975, 1980, and 1987. All 3 are tack drivers!!! Shoot 3 times get 1 hole! All have Nikon Monarch scopes of various magnifications. BTW the 1881 is a very nice configured rifle I can wallpaper my room with them and not worry about a fake one. The price of one DRK in gold can buy 8 rifles alone! The 1987 336 is a special edition with California walnut in mint condition. I am thinking of placing a Minox ZA5 2-10 x 50. I have one on my .308 595 Tikka a SUPER scope!

Kindest Regards,

HC