Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!

Article about: Hi, guys. Could you tell me if this piece is original or fake? Thanx Frank

Default Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!

Hi, guys.
    Could you tell me if this piece is original or fake?
    Thanx FrankBronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!
    P
    Many

Not one I am familiar with.
    When you save your photos, can you save them a little larger? It helps with determining if they are original or not.
    I don't like the pin on this one as the "loop" at the top seems large. It appears that the catch is made from the same size of wire as the pin, which would be abnormal for these.
    It seems that there is some lack of detail on the obverse, but larger photos would help with that.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default larger pictures

Herewith some larger pictures.
    The catch is not from the same material as the pinBronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!

Thank you for the larger photos.
    The detail on the front appears to be very weak, I believe this to be a cast copy.
    Also, only a small number of makers did any hand finishing to the reverse.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Head of the eagle on that badge looks horrible. Another quite badly made piece.

KR

I know little about these...own a few. A one look repro even for me.
    D.

Quote by Euronymous View Post
    Head of the eagle on that badge looks horrible. Another quite badly made piece.

KR
    That alone would not make me believe this to be a copy, but combined with other things, it does not look good for this one.
    There are a few makers that had poorly designed eagles for their IABs.
    This one is made by Schauerte & Hohfeld.
    Ralph.

Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!

MAP
    ?

I'm not liking this either. Base metal does not even appear to be tombak and certainly doesn't look zinc either
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree, very odd badge. The verdigris pattern is pretty suspect and looks "artificial."

Hello

This one is a fake based on the Assmann ISA solid marked "A" examples IMO.
    You can see this when comparing the front details and the reverse semi-hollow features.

Here is one I have in my fake collection to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!   Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, need help real or fake!