Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??

Article about: Bought this yesterday , have money back guarantee on it , having spent three hours trying to find similar I have not a wall . Can anyone kindly advise, if genuine and which maker as it's unm

Default Can anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??

Can anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??Can anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??

Bought this yesterday , have money back guarantee on it , having spent three hours trying to find similar I have not a wall .
    Can anyone kindly advise, if genuine and which maker as it's unmarked.
    Thanks steve
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-05-2019 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??
    P
    Many

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.

Can you please post straight on obverse and reverse photos?
    Never seen a base for the hinge like that.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Rear picsCan anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??Can anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??Can anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??Can anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??

Front
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??  

Another
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??  

Very few makers do not exhibit the cut out line between the swastika and the rifle.
    This one appears to be trying to be a Rudolf Souval from the reverse but, it does not match from the obverse.
    Wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.

P.S. I do not like the pitting on the reverse. Does the hinge appear to be part of the badge casting, or does it appear to be soldered on?
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph,
    Hinge appears soldered.
    Regards
    Steve

Hi
    Showed it to collecting friends today, whose opinion was that it was wrong due to what you pointed out Ralph. I will be returning the badge. Now to hunt down a 100% text book one !! Thank you for those who have helped with advice , we live and learn in the collecting world !!

Hello

This one is what I consider a Post War - Rudolph Souval, Wien example with what looks like a repaired catch.

Note the missing leaf between the sling and the Kar98k stock at the 5:00 o'clock position and the exaggerated flaw at the bayonet handle.

Here is one I have with the correct Souval-Post War claw catch.

Best Regards, fischer

PS> In regards to the uncut area between the swastika and the Kar98k, this is a known attribute of war time Rudolph Souval examples and some of the other unmarked Vienna ISA variants.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??   Can anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??  

One of my own unmarked badges, missing the aforementioned cutout.

Can anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??Can anyone confirm originality of Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber please ??

Regards, B.B.