Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?

Article about: Hello, I have acquired this Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen that was possibly taken from a German soldier in Norway after the German capitulation. As you can see it is unmarked, however by

KSH
    ?

Default Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?

Hello,

I have acquired this Bronze Infanterie Sturmabzeichen that was possibly taken from a German soldier in Norway after the German capitulation. As you can see it is unmarked, however by reading some of the posts here it became clear to me that many members within this forum really know their Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's. I do not suspect it is a fake, I am primarily looking for information on the maker - I am an amateur in this field, whereas many here are virtually experts compared to me.

So I appreciate any input whatsoever regarding this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and its origin.

- Kenneth

Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?
    Last edited by KSH; 09-22-2010 at 09:29 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?

Hi Kenneth and welcome to the forum.
    Thank you for posting your badge. To my untrained eye it looks good but hopefully some of the others will be along to offer their opinions too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Kenneth and welcome aboard

Do you have some history with this as you think it was from a soldier serving in Norway?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

KSH
    ?

Thank you for all the warm welcomes!

I bought this badge in Norway from the most renowned militaria dealer in the country, specializing of course on militaria with a Norwegian history. Furthermore he could inform me that the collector he bought it from had bought it in the 70's from a militaria dealer in Oslo probably mostly dealing with items found in Norway after the war. So I can not be 100% sure here, it might of course have been brought to Norway externally.

Kenneth

There is a good chance of that kenneth

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

KSH
    ?

All I have found out about this badge is that German dealer Helmut Weitze has for sale an IAB made by the same maker as mine. This becomes clear when you examine the outline of the obverse and for example the K98 (the part just below the bayonet) and the front in general of this badge. The url for the badge held by Weitze is:

https://www.weitze.net/detail/96/Inf..._141896_e.html

Kenneth

Hello Kenneth

Your Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is an unmarked Funcke & Bruninghaus. Some F&BL examples also come with the mm L/56.

F&BL's are the heavyweights of the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen world with the one I posted below for comparison weighs in at 38.71g.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?   Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?  

A couple more examples...

Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?

KSH
    ?

Fischer: Thank you very much! The weight is one of the first things I noticed about my badge. I just wish it had as much finish left as yours have, as yours are truly stunning!

Thanks again!

- Kenneth

Thanks for the compliments Kenneth...

Here are two others I have. This L/56 differs from the first having a round wire catch and the second is a quite rare waffle crimped variant.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?   Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?  

Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?   Can anyone tell me something about this IAB?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast