Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Cased Infanterie Sturmabzeichen set with questions..

Article about: Good evening everyone! Would like to show You cased Infanterie Sturmabzeichen with award document and "division badge". It was awarded to Army Oberleutnant Erhard Greif, 3 Company

Default Cased Infanterie Sturmabzeichen set with questions..

Good evening everyone!
    Would like to show You cased Infanterie Sturmabzeichen with award document and "division badge".
    It was awarded to Army Oberleutnant Erhard Greif, 3 Company Feld Ersatz Bataillon 121 (121 Infanterie Division), awarded on 30 May 1944, and signed by the commander of Feld Ers. Batl. 121, Major Henning Eppendorff. Eppendorff was a German Cross in Gold recipient, 2 October 1943.
    Oberleutnant Greif is listed in the German Graves Office as having been killed 20 February 1945, Kurland. The 121 I.D. operated in the northern sector of the East Front from June 1941 to October 1944, later 121 I.D. were engaged in the Kurland Pocket.
    The division badge is in very nice,hard to find condition.
    The main question is about the case..It looks period,but not the usual type of ISA cases and is marked Ferdinand Hoffstätter, Bonn a. Rhein. I dont think this manufacturer produced ISA!? Or maybe this case is from another award? If yes,than which award?
    Thanks a lot,gentleman.
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cased Infanterie Sturmabzeichen set with questions..   Cased Infanterie Sturmabzeichen set with questions..  

Cased Infanterie Sturmabzeichen set with questions..   Cased Infanterie Sturmabzeichen set with questions..  

Cased Infanterie Sturmabzeichen set with questions..   Cased Infanterie Sturmabzeichen set with questions..  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cased Infanterie Sturmabzeichen set with questions..
    P
    Many

I don't believe that case is for an IAB. The fit is too close at the top and bottom and too loose on the sides.
    Here is an example of an IAB marked with an "H" on the reverse. Some believe this to be made by Ferdinand Hoffstätter.
    Compare the details of the eagle and hardware, they do differ.
    Fischer will likely have a better idea.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for Your answer,Ralph.
    Even I was in doubt on the case from the first moment,the price was too good,I couldn't resist.
    Peter

Hello Peter

This zinc-hollow ISA has been attributed to the firm of Berg & Nolte, Lüdenscheid.
    This design can also be found made of solid zinc.

The document is also original and of the correct time period for this example.

I agree with Ralph in regards to the box; it does not belong with this ISA and what it's exact origins are, I am not sure.

Best Regards, fischer