Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fake Infanterie Sturmabzeichen...

Article about: Hello everyone I have received this piece from a friend some years ago. To me it looks like a bad fake but I am no expert in this kind of stuff. I would like to ask you if it is worth keepin

Default Fake Infanterie Sturmabzeichen...

Hello everyone
    I have received this piece from a friend some years ago. To me it looks like a bad fake but I am no expert in this kind of stuff. I would like to ask you if it is worth keeping or not?
    Thanks
    Sever (Romania)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake Infanterie Sturmabzeichen...   Fake Infanterie Sturmabzeichen...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake Infanterie Sturmabzeichen...
    P
    Many

it looks like it has lived in water for a long time but I think its original.

Hi Vitharr
    it is repro. Poor execution and even worse detail. hardware is messed up also.
    was this dug up? if not some beat the crap out of it and artificically aged it.
    If it was dug I have never seen an egales head morph into that shae before.
    Poke around ths forum and you can fin a host of what real ones, even dug look like
    I just saw the eagles head first and that was a dead giveaway
    welcome and regards
    I am not an expert but know some and If I am sure you will get many more responses.

Hello Vitharr

This one is a crimped in hardware, unmarked attributed Gottlieb & Wagner ISA.

As stated, this one looks to be a ground dug, poorly stored example.
    With the missing hardware and the very poor condition, extrinsic value is next to nothing.

The Gottlieb & Wagner connection derives from this ISA being found with Gottlieb & Wagner addressed blue paper packets.
    But, the obverse design is very similar to the maker marked ShuCo 1941 examples.

Both ShuCo and G&W were located in the Oberstein area and most likely some type of cooperation existed between the two.
    That said, we still are not sure "who" actually produced this ISA.

Here is one I have to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake Infanterie Sturmabzeichen...   Fake Infanterie Sturmabzeichen...  

I agree with fischer.
    My example has been posted here.
    Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Silber, Gottlieb & Wagner
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you very much for the info. The piece was certainly ground dug, as my friend told me. I have no clear information on the place of discovery but it might have been related with the fierce battles of the Jassy-Chisinau Offensive in August 1944. Even today in the villages next to Jassy one can find in old barns many relics belonging to the ill-fated German Army Group South.
    Best regards
    Sever (Romania)