Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original or fake?

Article about: Is this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen from Gebrüder Wegerhoff, Lüdenscheid (GWL) original or fake? In my eyes it look original but I need help with it cause there to many fakes around that are l

I do think us folks that have been about a while are more forthcoming with info to new collectors. I remember it was hard work getting info, help, guidance whatever you like to call it. I will always remember those that went out of their way to help & be patient with me as a newbie. Stewy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original or fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    I do think us folks that have been about a while are more forthcoming with info to new collectors. I remember it was hard work getting info, help, guidance whatever you like to call it. I will always remember those that went out of their way to help & be patient with me as a newbie. Stewy
    Absolutely. I remember the days when every time you asked a person who you Knew had the knowledge, that they would want you to pay them for it. Or would say something to the effect of "I had to learn the hard way on my own! Go out and do your own research! Buy books like I did!". I remember people like Ron Manion-every time you would ask them a question, they would answer "Buy my catalog or book!". It's very true that today's old timers are Far more helpful and willing to impart what they learned, in order to help the newer collectors from being preyed on. It would be staggering, to estimate just how many dollars this Forum alone has saved from the thieves.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

At the time I was getting seriously into this lark I was privileged to be of the same era of a properly decent crowd Big Ned, Fischer, Watchdog, Jordi & a few of the other "old stagers" here & we stuck together, worked out our niches & helped each other where we could. All still here & grateful for our collective help, well I am anyway. Never shun a newbie, you can't be sure who's loss it could end up being. It's not always the "old stager". Stewy

At the time I was getting seriously into this lark I was privileged to be of the same era of a properly decent crowd Big Ned, Fischer, Watchdog, Jordi & a few of the other "old stagers" here & we stuck together, worked out our niches & helped each other where we could. All still here & grateful for our collective help, well I am anyway. Never shun a newbie, you can't be sure who's loss it could end up being. It's not always the "old stager". Stewy
    Your not that "old" buddy, more mellowed nicely as like what that George Clooney bloke has.....

GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original or fake?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Cheeky bugger you are Ned. That's why I love ya. I might live in Norfolk but I'm not from here. Just a victim of circumstance. Stewy

Cheeky bugger you are Ned. That's why I love ya. I might live in Norfolk but I'm not from here. Just a victim of circumstance. Stewy
    I can tell that as you've only got the normal 4 fingers per hand rather than the 5+ of indigenous Norfolkians.......

Like Leon.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Some up here have gills mate. It's like a re-run of "Waterworld". And that was crap when it came out. Don't upset the locals this weekend they're playing the mighty Ipswich Town tomorrow a massive derby. Well it is up here. Not quite Boca Juniors v River Plate. Gives me something to rib 'em about at work on Monday though. Stewy

Does Leon know you've used his pic in post #24? He'll be chuffed. Stewy

Default Gwl iab

Here's one from my collection to compare, and has been verified by the forum as an original example. Don't know if it will help out 😊
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original or fake?   GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original or fake?  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3