Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original or fake?

Article about: Is this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen from Gebrüder Wegerhoff, Lüdenscheid (GWL) original or fake? In my eyes it look original but I need help with it cause there to many fakes around that are l

Default GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original or fake?

Is this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen from Gebrüder Wegerhoff, Lüdenscheid (GWL) original or fake?
    In my eyes it looks original but I need help with it cause there to many fakes around that are looks like almost as a original.
    I have compared this GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen with other postings on this forum.
    The only thing I can find is the neadle has no point tip I have no idea that this is common or not.
    If you see strangs things about this GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen that are not right please let me know.

Regards,
    Marcel

GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original or fake?GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original or fake?
    GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original or fake?GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original or fake?
    P
    Many

Hello Marcel,
    When I was looking to add one of these to my collection, I had to ask fischer for help as I could not tell the difference on these.
    That being said, I have some concerns with this one. The flat ended pin does not concern me that much as I have seen other awards that have pointed and flat pins. I believe the Staegemeir fake does have a pointed pin if I am not mistaken.
    If you haven't already seen my example, you can compare it here.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, GWL, Gebruder Wegerhoff, Ludenscheid
    I suggest you wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph I will wait for other opinions.
    Meanwhile I'm looking at the pictures and keep comparing with other GWL's I can find.
    I found a flaw or is it a damage point not sure?

I think a lot of the details are soft on this example. Compare the details of the acorns, the butt stock appears to have a double strike, the trigger, and a few others as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Marcel,

On the evidence of the one reverse pic, I don't like it. But a far better one is required, Straight on, close up, in natural light of the reverse area around the birds head. I'm thinking it COULD be the old "Adam's Apple Fake" from the Hero/Staegemeir stable, but would like to be certain. Wait for Stewy's reply, he nearly got bit by one of those fakes.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Marcel,

On the evidence of the one reverse pic, I don't like it. But a far better one is required, Straight on, close up, in natural light of the reverse area around the birds head. I'm thinking it COULD be the old "Adam's Apple Fake" from the Hero/Staegemeir stable, but would like to be certain. Wait for Stewy's reply, he nearly got bit by one of those fakes.

Regards, Ned.
    Hi Ned,

This is all the foto's I get from seller.
    I really starting getting doubts by this GWL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen.
    I hoop Stewy or somebody else can help solve this mystery.

Regards,
    Marcel

If you have doubts about it Marcel then it's maybe best to walk away.

You could have someone tell you that it is real, end up buying it and then still doubt if you have done the right thing.

Just for your info, there is a similar GWL IAB for sale on a very well known forum (WAF) and it has a pointy ended pin (but also a dimple on the rear of its throat as pointed out by Ned)

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    If you have doubts about it Marcel then it's maybe best to walk away.

You could have someone tell you that it is real, end up buying it and then still doubt if you have done the right thing.

Just for your info, there is a similar GWL IAB for sale on a very well known forum (WAF) and it has a pointy ended pin (but also a dimple on the rear of its throat as pointed out by Ned)
    Hello jamie7d7,

Thank you for your information. I nothis the dimple to that give me doubts again.

Regards,
    Marcel

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Marcel,

Regards, Ned.
    Yeah, thanks for the reminder Ned. For me, this one looks "off" due to a thinner than standard pin blunt or otherwise. The "Adams apple" is seen on some original GWL ISA's. The casting of the rifle is quite important & this isn't the worst I've seen. But from the pics the eagle is poor. I'll look properly tomorrow. Stewy

All these GWL ISA fakes should be called "the broken nose" fake. Stewy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast