Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help determin originality - 2 different Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber.

Article about: Can you please help me with opinion about originality, facts and perhaps other thing you might know about those two Infantry assault badge in Silver? Is it nice pieces, average or perhaps ba

Default Help determin originality - 2 different Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber.

Can you please help me with opinion about originality, facts and perhaps other thing you might know about those two Infantry assault badge in Silver? Is it nice pieces, average or perhaps bad?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help determin originality - 2 different Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber.   Help determin originality - 2 different Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber.  

Help determin originality - 2 different Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber.   Help determin originality - 2 different Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber.  

Help determin originality - 2 different Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber.   Help determin originality - 2 different Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber.  

Last edited by Adrian; 01-23-2011 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help determin originality - 2 different Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help determin originality - 2 different Infantry assault badge in Silver

i like the first one,but i do not like the second ones hinge placement nor the style of clasp at the bottom..

?

Default Re: Help determin originality - 2 different Infantry assault badge in Silver

First one is a good zinc by unknown maker called as "cut out". Second one is a fake based on a Mayer IMO.

?

I agree with the above, the first one is good but I'm unsure of the second. János has better knowledge of these badges than me so if he thinks it's a fake it most likely is. Hopefully Fischer will give his thoughts too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

My problem with the second one is the hinge, different from textbook Mayer's, but I see no more differences.

Thanks alot! But you feel pretty sure that the other one is a fake? Then I going to take it right away out of my collection

?

Wait for fischer's opinion.

will do, thanks!

Hello

The first ISA is an unknown maker referred to by collectors as the Missing Leaf / Cut Out. The catch has been replaced.

The second is attributed to the BHMayer firm. These have been highly faked and worn zinc examples like this always make me nervous. The catch looks good and the hinge looks like the type used on Tombak examples. I also think it has been reattached at some point.

That being said I am leaning toward original...Do you know the weight?

Best Regards, fischer

Thanks alot Fischer! The weight of the first, missing leaf (what does it mean?) is 24 grams and the other one BHMayer is 14 plus/minus some gram maby. Is that good or bad?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast