Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?

Article about: Here is my Ernst Muller for your references. One of the weakest detailed eagles heads IMO, but I still like them. This is a different variation than yours and more commonly seen IMO. It is u

Default Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?

I was given this today, but IMO it is a fake. Note lack of detail on the top leaf on the left just below the bayonet. Being that I am not that knowledgeable on these items I thought it best to ask here first before I binned it. Thanks for your help.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?   Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?  

Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake? 
    Last edited by StuG III; 02-23-2011 at 05:38 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?

I'm with you I think Tom

I concur with you both, the back is terrible.

Jay

Thanks guys, better to check than find out later that it was good.
    Tom

Hi Tom, I'm pretty darn sure it's not good, but you might want to wait for Adrian or more discerning eyes to have a look before you toss it. Several points on it that don't look right, but I've been wrong before.

Jay

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    ......but I've been wrong before.
    So have I!

I have to agree with the above though, it doesn't look good and it's not one I'm comfortable with. Hopefully fischer or János can add their thoughts too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian.
    Jay, I agree as to this being bad, but like you I don't know enough to chuck this without checking first.
    I value all you guys' input, enough said, it's gone.
    Tom

Hi Tom

I hope you did not destroy this one...

This is an original unmarked Ernst L. Muller with oval hinge set up.

The progression of Muller solids starts with this example IMO and one of the harder variants to find. Shame about the catch.

The first Muller massive is this one with the oval raised hinge guide and oval hinge. The second in line is also unmarked but retains the raised oval hinge guide but has a rectangle shaped sheet metal hinge. The third is the mm example.

Here is my Oval hinge to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?   Help please - Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Fake?  

?

God, i hope Tom has seen fit to wait for more opinions before binning this one, this bloody hobby gets me down sometimes, and its mainly down to all the rotten , filthy, scumbags who see fit to con , cheat and otherwise make a fast buck from people who take their pastime seriously, this tends to fill us with a certain doubt about authenticity on the items we collect and that can lead to some horrible mistakes, i wonder if its worth taking up collecting snail shells but i daresay some little scrote will find a way to bugger that up as well

Thank you Fischer!! I was on the verge of actually throwing this away when my wife said that there was another email from wrf about this badge. Just as well, hey?
    The lack of detail under the bayonet is not as pronounced on your one, but now that I have something to compare to, i can see the similarities.
    Thank you again for saving this one Fischer, glad to have someone with your knowledge on this great forum.
    BTW, do you have any more by this maker? Would love to see pics to compare between variants.
    Tom

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast